• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Garden Tour! MARYLAND

So before we get started, this post contains about 20 pictures. They're of ALL of my plants. Here's a little backstory: I live in Maryland (Zone 7) and I have a passion for horticulture. I love growing plants and food. I don't have land for growing so I do container gardening on my back deck. I'm super fascinated with citrus and all fruits in general. So, here's some of my plants. AND if you live in Maryland or are in a similar zone slightly up north or down south, you can grow what I'm growing!! Enjoy :) First, I'll start with my peppers. Here's my Tabasco. It was purchased at Home Depot, and it's doing great!

Here's my Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. She's doing very well and is pretty happy. This plant is outside but I had to retake the damn picture inside :/ :)

Here's my Hot Thai Peppers :) They're doing great!  Here's my Mammoth Jalapeño, also purchased at Home Depot. Pruned about a week ago (week ago).  Chocolate Habañero  Hot Paper Lantern Habañero  Banana Peppers
C9C681A7-3C14-4D1D-A542-E7BB621331CE_zpsvdpi6l3m.jpg
 Brazilian Starfish #1

Brazilian Starfish #2

Püresi Bibber

NOW here comes my various miscellaneous plants. Hopefully you all enjoy!!

Here's my Pineapple plant:

I also have some lemon plants growing downstairs but I don't have pics.

Here's my plain old lettuce patch:

Here's a pot of succulents that was given to me as a gift:

My peanut plant is starting to sprout :)

Here's my pride and joy. This is my avocado plant:

I think our new addition to the family enjoys the garden and is happily making herself at home! Willow, our new 7 month old baby Ducorps Cockatoo. We're finding out her sex this week.

tctenten said:
Obey, I am just to the north in NJ, do you have them outside full time already?
yup
Here's PART 2

Here's my Japanese Maple that I'm creating a bonsai tree out of :)

Aloe Vera plant I purchased at Home Depot:

Strawberries

"Better Boy" Tomato

obeychase said:
So before we get started, this post contains about 20 pictures. They're of ALL of my plants. Here's a little backstory: I live in Maryland (Zone 7) and I have a passion for horticulture. I love growing plants and food. I don't have land for growing so I do container gardening on my back deck. I'm super fascinated with citrus and all fruits in general. So, here's some of my plants. AND if you live in Maryland or are in a similar zone slightly up north or down south, you can grow what I'm growing!! Enjoy :) First, I'll start with my peppers. Here's my Tabasco. It was purchased at Home Depot, and it's doing great!

Here's my Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. She's doing very well and is pretty happy. This plant is outside but I had to retake the damn picture inside :/ :)

Here's my Hot Thai Peppers :) They're doing great!
F1597DA5-84F4-4CF6-ABB3-8B12520F880B_zpsc0yugk9b.jpg
 Here's my Mammoth Jalapeño, also purchased at Home Depot. Pruned about a week ago (week ago).  Chocolate Habañero  Hot Paper Lantern Habañero  Banana Peppers
C9C681A7-3C14-4D1D-A542-E7BB621331CE_zpsvdpi6l3m.jpg
 Brazilian Starfish #1

Brazilian Starfish #2

Püresi Bibber

NOW here comes my various miscellaneous plants. Hopefully you all enjoy!!

Here's my Pineapple plant:

I also have some lemon plants growing downstairs but I don't have pics.

Here's my plain old lettuce patch:

Here's a pot of succulents that was given to me as a gift:

My peanut plant is starting to sprout :)

Here's my pride and joy. This is my avocado plant:

I think our new addition to the family enjoys the garden and is happily making herself at home! Willow, our new 7 month old baby Ducorps Cockatoo. We're finding out her sex this week.

looks great ! got one question tho , what if she's a he ?        :onfire:

Nice!!! I'm in Baltimore County. Lemme know if you're looking for some cool tomato plants. Really good grower out my way. Plants look great and the citrus, pineapple and avocado look awesome.
Can't believe your peppers are hardened off already.

I've sliced many a f-ing pineapple in my day for figgin frozen drinks...imo the best way to tell is smell. As soon as you detect a pungent sweet pineapple smell slice er up. Also the navel? area should give a bit when pressed.

Obey, where in Md? I'm in DC, grew up in Rockville and Annapolis. I grow on a balcony in containers as well. Have a glog here if you want to see. The pineapple is surprising. How big a pot and how long indoors vs outdoors? Love he succulents! Want to try them. Any specific info?

Alison

Obey, where in Md? I'm in DC, grew up in Rockville and Annapolis. I grow on a balcony in containers as well. Have a glog here if you want to see. The pineapple is surprising. How big a pot and how long indoors vs outdoors? Love he succulents! Want to try them. Any specific info?

Alison

I'm in the greater Annapolis area :)

Back