• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics GarrettM's first season with pics

000_0075-1.jpg

JULY 19

102_1512.jpg

August 10

102_1513.jpg

black pearl with some unripe pods and some flowers

102_1514.jpg

finally grown over the wall

Plants are really filling in nice and it won't be long you'll have peppers up to your ears, seriously. Heck of a pretty pepper patch for a first time grower. Your plants are spaced about like mine clumped together but in the ground. Saves on space and they weave themselve together for support, plus it's also a few degrees cooler under the canopy reducing stress. :think:

Plants are really filling in nice and it won't be long you'll have peppers up to your ears, seriously. Heck of a pretty pepper patch for a first time grower. Your plants are spaced about like mine clumped together but in the ground. Saves on space and they weave themselve together for support, plus it's also a few degrees cooler under the canopy reducing stress. :think:
Thanks alot i have them in sta green potting soil with a lot of horse manure and hay compost and i feed them about once a week with fish emulsion i cant wait to start harvesting around september. I loved those peppers you sent me they are all gone and last night after i ate the big bang chocolate naga i almost went out and cut all my plants down and said this sh**t was for the birds ha ha. But i guess i will just have to eat halves instead of whole pods im too addicted to quit.

You think the Chocolate BigBang Naga is hotter than those Douglah? I'll have to take another looks at this plant, thanks. Your not supposed to eat the whole box of peppers in one sitting Garrett. :banghead:

You think the Chocolate BigBang Naga is hotter than those Douglah? I'll have to take another looks at this plant, thanks. Your not supposed to eat the whole box of peppers in one sitting Garrett. :banghead:
Ha ha i know i only tried one of all three then my buddies ate the rest and we made douglah sauce but we were in a hurry to celebrate my friends 21st birthday and we were all a little tipsy so they got eaten pretty fast. I might order some more because my 21st birthday is next week and they go really well with grey goose or any alchohol for that matter.

I noticed on of my scorpions turning a bit yellow and the stem is looking purple so I did some research and thought it was becoming root bound. My question is since I can't pot it up in a raised bed what will happen to the plant if it gets worse?

I noticed on of my scorpions turning a bit yellow and the stem is looking purple so I did some research and thought it was becoming root bound. My question is since I can't pot it up in a raised bed what will happen to the plant if it gets worse?

You shouldn't be root bound in a raised bed unless there's something other than dirt under it...

Thanks lazy I'm trying to get them to slow down because they have outgrown their stakes by about a foot and are starting to sag on the top

Thanks lazy I'm trying to get them to slow down because they have outgrown their stakes by about a foot and are starting to sag on the top

:rolf: thats so funny. I dont think thats anything to worry about but than again I have never had that problem! Sure hope to someday soon. I have definitely learned I need to start indoors in dec/jan!

:rolf: thats so funny. I dont think thats anything to worry about but than again I have never had that problem! Sure hope to someday soon. I have definitely learned I need to start indoors in dec/jan!
Ha i never have grown anything before so i didnt really know when to start my plants. I am just lucky to have a long grow season so i can start them in april or may and still have enough time to get some pods.

Ha i never have grown anything before so i didnt really know when to start my plants. I am just lucky to have a long grow season so i can start them in april or may and still have enough time to get some pods.

Thats awesome! Long grow seasons are something that I long very much! I should have a longer grow season here shortly myself. Also appears you have quite the green thumb for a first time grower!

Thats awesome! Long grow seasons are something that I long very much! I should have a longer grow season here shortly myself. Also appears you have quite the green thumb for a first time grower!
Thanks but who couldn't grow peppers with all of the information on this forum. There is an answer to every question and if you can't find it by searching then all you have to do is ask. I wish they made forums like this for raising infants.

Back