• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GeorgeJ's 2016 Yokohama Down In Flames - Starting To Get Hooks!

The madness begins

Soil mixed. 
NW10sa8.jpg

Everything in the living room now

8FivzY0.jpg

Chinense in
White Bhut Jolokia, Datil, Yellow Devils Tongue, Peach Congo, Bhut Orange Copenhagen.
5bP5I9F.jpg

The color on those cups is awesome... [emoji109] I used to use red solos, how dull

Have to tasted the bhut Copenhagen? That's one I really wanted to grow but I forgot and will have to wait until next year.

Not tried the BOC, I started some last year but they died.

I put a tiny bit of mykos in the hole with the seed, and add more later on when I transfer. I had really healthy roots last year

Been a while since I updated.

Grow is going well.
Bhut Orange Copenhagen 3/3
Goats weed 2/3
Aji verde 3/3
Peach Congo 3/3
Yellow Devils tongue 2/3
Aji Peruvian 2/3
Albanian red hot 2/3
Aji Amarillo 2/3
Bishops hat 3/3

White bhut 0/3
Datil 0/6!!

I really want to grow Datil but they just aren't sprouting. I might start some more on coffee filters and see what happens

Tomatoes I have Atkinson and chocolate stripes started and some ildi waiting to germinate

HN2hufT.jpg

Don't feel bad about the slow start G... it's been that way for a lot of us... :)  Looking good now though. Best of luck in 2016!

stickman said:
Don't feel bad about the slow start G... it's been that way for a lot of us... :)  Looking good now though. Best of luck in 2016!
Thanks!
It is meant to be a hot summer this year. i put in the supports for shade nets earlier (dont need the nets just yet). And i managed to gind a tea bush whilst at the home centre - i've wanted one for years, but not found them over here. Busy day outside

Alright G! That's a fine looking pepper patch! Glad to see your rooftop grow looking so good.What are your plans for the harvest? I sold my excess Goat's Weed peppers to a local Mexican restaurant when I grew them a couple of years ago, and they used them to make a garlic-y roasted pepper sauce that was very hot, but also very tasty. It's just a suggestion... you might have other plans. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

peppers and cucumbers are doing great, but tomatoes take a beating every time. i grew 4 varieties of tomato this year, they are getting hammered. Container growing really doesnt suit them.

last year i apple wood smoked a bunch and made a mixed powder. delicious stuff. 
Cause i love soup based asian food, powder is perfect for me.

georgej said:
Thanks!

peppers and cucumbers are doing great, but tomatoes take a beating every time. i grew 4 varieties of tomato this year, they are getting hammered. Container growing really doesnt suit them.

last year i apple wood smoked a bunch and made a mixed powder. delicious stuff. 
Cause i love soup based asian food, powder is perfect for me.

Yeah... I only grow Tomatoes in-ground for that reason. It's been a hot, dry summer here and I've been hard-pressed to keep them adequately watered. The Plum Tomatoes have been prone to Blossom End Rot... The Cherry and Pear Tomatoes have been the most trouble-free producers. I'm growing a couple of Tomato varieties just for drying now that I have a passive solar dehydrator... an Italian cherry tomato called Principe Borghese and an old Colonial American variety of pear tomato called Red Fig because they dried them whole and used them as a substitute for the Figs. I'll probably toss them into soups during the winter and pack away a few jars of them packed in garlic, basil and extra virgin olive oil for salads.

Back