• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Get ready to Stick It! tomorrow

I have 2 ideas as well, a dessert & a main. The main is stoopidly simple, & I have a feeling someone might beat me to it. Luckily I get off work early so I can get started :),

206-0621_IMG_JPG.jpg

i win

Not sure if I'll be in on this throwdown. My witch doctor is out of town. I'll have to consult oriental kung fu master rei xing dong for advice.

Salute', TB.

Aw TB...I always love seeing your creations! I guess this means less competition for me, lol.

I'm trying to hurry up & get mine done. I can soooo see Quaddykins doing the same thing I am. It's been known to happen :).

I just have to say it...Minnesota is king of state fair foods on a stick. This is going to be cool to see what you all come up with.

ImpyChick said:
Aw TB...I always love seeing your creations! I guess this means less competition for me, lol.

I'm trying to hurry up & get mine done. I can soooo see Quaddykins doing the same thing I am. It's been known to happen :).

Awww...no TB...:shocked:

IDK Impy, I'm fairly sure nobody else would make what I have in mind.

In fact, I couldn't even find a recipe for it, so I'm taking a couple different recipes and seeing if it'll work out.... ;)

I think I'll make it tomorrow though...I'm just feeling rather *bleh* today and don't feel much like cooking yet. I did go and get supplies though...ya wouldn't believe how hard it is to find sticks these days other than bamboo skewers.

I meant I could see *you* doing the Scotch Egg thing! It seems like something you'd definitely do.

I got my sticks from the craft section @ Wal-Mart.

ImpyChick said:
I meant I could see *you* doing the Scotch Egg thing! It seems like something you'd definitely do.

I got my sticks from the craft section @ Wal-Mart.

Well, kewl..I hadn't thought of it..but I should have!

dem's is good eating... :D

278217474_b81382f304.jpg

Yeah..must be a gal thing..Uncle and I looked at like two stores before asking a woman in the cooking aisle where she thought we'd find good 'ol popsicle sticks or similar..she said a crafts store. Der!!!

SO, we went to Micheal's and sure enough...lots of sticks. :D

(I think I lost like 500 man-points just being in there though...:shocked:)

QuadShotz said:
(I think I lost like 500 man-points just being in there though...:shocked:)

Well Quad...as long as you weren't touching and feeling all of the cloth material while you were there, you should be alright. ;) :lol:

I wanted to batter a hamburger with everything, and put the stick through bun to bun, and deep fry it, but I don't have the time :(

I hear that THP. I don't think I'll have the time to even enter this month's throwdown. For the rest of the weekend, I'm booked solid. Going 4 wheeling tomorrow ending up at a hog roast and beer. Sunday, I've got a party with beer involved and then a weenie roast and beer later. Just not enough time.

Can we extend this throwdown to include next weekend??? It could work if everyone only limits to the 2 max entires.

Back