Getting into bars/restaurants

Has anyone approached local bars and/or restaurants about carrying their hot sauce on their tables? We're currently in one bar and one deli but would like to branch out. What do you think is the best way for us to reach business owners - personally show up at their establishment, mailing samples, etc. Thanks for any advice!

Find out who the local suppliers are such as, coffee distr, resturant supply houses or even Island Oasis distr, I have an Island Oasis guy that moves a lot of my product.

Best thing you can do (if you're small) is to get out there and talk to the managers and owners. Bring samples. A printed pamphlet with your products and contact information is also a good idea.

Hit the streets. It can actually be a lot of fun. Just walk into restaurants and bars. Be sure to order something first before you give them your sales pitch, even if it's just a beer, as you are now a patron and not just some solicitor walking in off the streets. Be prepared to give samples to every one of them.

ElliesLipSmackinSauce said:
thanks for the great advice. we just created an advertising pamphlet and will hit the streets soon!

I wish you luck in your endeavor. And just remember, those that say no just don't know what they are missing. There is no such thing as rejection.

As a business owner I see the cost as the biggest part.
Having a good tasting product is great but if people find it too costly they will not buy it so make sure it can be competitive with what the business is using.
you may also be able to sell a higher priced product with good advertising so you may want to have printed table tents ect available to sell your product for the business its in.

Also keep in mind you may end up selling more than you can supply(bad) so take it slow.

have fun

Back