• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

getting started. need some tips.

ok so im planning on getting an early start on this years growing season.

so here are my plans.

im going to be growing a total of 85 plants(5 of each kind i have) .

im going to buy a 72 count jiffy pellet kit with tray and dome, and will buy a smaller one for he remaining seeds.
i will be useing 2, 4 foot shop lights with cool white bulbs.(2 in each shop light ballast) and i will be using a heat pad for germinating purposes.(sound good so far?)

once i have nice sized plantlets. i plan on ordering either 85, 2.5 gallon or 5 gallon nursery style pots(the black plastic kind) that will be the only transplant the plants get(so should i use the 5 or the 2.5 gallon pots for the final pot?)

also here is my list of peppers.(may spell some of these wrong so sorry in advanced)

jalepeno
serrano
cyanne
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
riccoto
fatalli
thai hot
bhut jolokia
big orange(cant remember what its called but BrianS gave it too me)
carribean red habs
naga morich
chocolate habs(long version?)
chocolate hab(short version)(brianS gave these last to to me as well)
bolivian rainbow
unknown peruvian pepper
a rare peruvian pepper

sorry i couldnt remember some of the seeds brian gave me. but ill ask later.

but anyway thats my plans for the 2010 season. id like to get a start asap so if you could give any pointers if something sounds wrong please let me know. particularly about final pot size. as this is the first time to grow them in pots for me. i usually stick them in the ground but with 85 plants the land lord might get mad about 85 holes in his yard.

thanks
cody kerr

codykrr said:
I usually stick them in the ground but with 85 plants the land lord might get mad about 85 holes in his yard.

thanks
cody kerr

Bribe him with some of the yields? LOL How will he feel about the brown spots and dead grass the pots are going to cause? :D

i can and will reseed the yard. so brown spots arent as big of a problem.

also i wanted some advice on soil, and good mixtures. im thinking of buying mirical grow(what kind i dont know yet) and adding some perilite to it for drainage.(how much perilite per bag of mirical grow i dont know yet either)

so any tips, advice or does it sound like my plan is pretty well mapped out?

ok well i planted all my seeds tonight! got my lights, jiffy pellets and im off!

i ended up adding some pequines, and bell peppers to the list as well. the pequines were free seeds, and the bells,well...my wife likes them.

so i will probly start a grow log soon. anyway i hope the pepper gods are with me!

Back