• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense ghost pepper!!!

well i just found a place that can get me dry "ghost pepper" which is Bhut jolokia right??? they want $51.85 for 1# of dry peppers is this a good price??? i forgot to tell you that my work is wanting me to make some hot sauces and told me to talk to are Produce company to get what i need.... i will see if they will get them for me and i will post pics if we get them...

Yes, the Ghost Pepper is the Bhut Jolokia. At $51.85 for a pound, that's a REALLY good price. Over at Heather's we sell it for $10 an ounce.

Before I spend all that money I would ask for a sample to make sure it's lagit though.

imaguitargod said:
Yes, the Ghost Pepper is the Bhut Jolokia. At $51.85 for a pound, that's a REALLY good price. Over at Heather's we sell it for $10 an ounce.

Damn I'm rich and didn't even know it! :(

Omri said:
lol, nobody's buying them here. I mean, they do... just few pods here and there.
Same here. We sell them buy 1/2 an ounce for both the pods and powder. I think we sell a 1/2 to an ounce a week/every other week maybe.

That's why I'm trying to grow my own!!! 52 bucks a pound !!! I need alot. I'm gonna try to make a new Bhut Sauce and also I need a good amount to produce some more extract!!!!!!!!!! The last time I made extract I started with 2 lbs of peppers and wound up with just under an ounce....lol

Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich, Dorset Naga, and Bih Jolokia will be available in September in North Texas.... ;) :lol:

I think I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 pounds this past season but will have more plants this year...already have somewhere around 40-45 seedlings...will start another tray of them in about 2 weeks as backups.....what I dont' grow, I will sell (if anyone will buy them here in Fort Worth)...

I've been in touch with a company in India looking for quantities of dried and powdered bhut. I was a little late for this season but I was quoted a price of $35.00 US for a kilo, 2.2 lbs, of Bhut powder. I didn't get shipping costs but I'm sure that's the killer.

Thanks for the thought Andres but I don't think I could get them out of the country without declaring them and I really don't want to mess with the paperwork...you could come visit and I could hook you up...then you could smuggle them back in country like you see on "Locked up Abroad"... :lol: :lol:

patrick said:
I've been in touch with a company in India looking for quantities of dried and powdered bhut. I was a little late for this season but I was quoted a price of $35.00 US for a kilo, 2.2 lbs, of Bhut powder. I didn't get shipping costs but I'm sure that's the killer.

That price is a major rort imo, can you imagine the amount of heat contained within a kg of powder. Enough for at least 100000 noodle packets thats for sure!

well i talked to the head chef and he said it was cool with him to the ghost pepper and he said i can get thai pepper also. i will have pics soon has i see them.. i think they said it will take a few daysthey have to ship them in from CA.

Novacastrian said:
That price is a major rort imo, can you imagine the amount of heat contained within a kg of powder. Enough for at least 100000 noodle packets thats for sure!

I thought you Aussies spoke English.:P What's a 'rort'?

here are the ghost peppers, i'm not sure if that is what they are, what do you guys think? They are smoked also.Some of the people i work with say they dont like them... i dont think they are any hotter than the orange habs we have there ... i will be getting some red thai peppers mon. or tue.:onfire:
IMG00113-20090207-09431.jpg
IMG00114-20090207-09441.jpg

Those sure don't look like nagas, I guess that's why they used the term "ghost pepper" instead of naga or bhut.

redeyes said:
here are the ghost peppers, i'm not sure if that is what they are, what do you guys think? They are smoked also.Some of the people i work with say they dont like them... i dont think they are any hotter than the orange habs we have there ... i will be getting some red thai peppers mon. or tue.:onfire:
Yep. Those are them (I've delt with that company). They heat them to dry them out, but they are not smoked.

Rort= Rip off, Daylight robbery, Scam, etc

Arvo= Afternoon

Any more you guys would like cleared up?

Now what do you think i would be doing if i were to grab the dog and bone and rustle up a crew to go to steak and kidney for a trip over the coat hanger then go grab a feed of maggot bags?

Novacastrian said:
Now what do you think i would be doing if i were to grab the dog and bone and rustle up a crew to go to steak and kidney for a trip over the coat hanger then go grab a feed of maggot bags?

Let me guess at a translation:

Excuse me kind sir. I wish to gather my wife and friends so that we might go to a establishment in which alcoholic beverages are served while we dine of food.

Back