vendor Ghost-Powder.com / Bhut Jolokia Bulk Online

OK, I placed an order for 200 Bhut seeds at one of their websites (ghost-powder.com) last monday, haven't gotten them yet, but figure they'll be here soon.

I was wondering if anyone had ordered from any of their, what looks like around 4 Websites?

Also, wondering if anyone has bought and grown their Red Bhut seeds? I am really hoping they grow true since a local Indian Food Market said they would buy the pods from me if I grow them. Plus I really want some Red Bhuts this year for me to eat :)

Also, I saw a few pages on their ghost-powder.com website that were looking like they are going to be carrying products from a few members here who sell powders etc....

Anyway, just wondering what experiences people have had when ordering from them :)

OK, I placed an order for 200 Bhut seeds at one of their websites (ghost-powder.com) last monday, haven't gotten them yet, but figure they'll be here soon.

I was wondering if anyone had ordered from any of their, what looks like around 4 Websites?

Also, wondering if anyone has bought and grown their Red Bhut seeds? I am really hoping they grow true since a local Indian Food Market said they would buy the pods from me if I grow them. Plus I really want some Red Bhuts this year for me to eat :)

Also, I saw a few pages on their ghost-powder.com website that were looking like they are going to be carrying products from a few members here who sell powders etc....

Anyway, just wondering what experiences people have had when ordering from them :)
Pages are linked like mine and some others but not all were approved

We are going to give them a few more days (been 15} and then it'lll be paypal chargeback time.

I did message them here, but they haven't been on here since 2-28.....perhaps on vacation etc...you never know

No package from them yet....no reponse to message, and hasn't been on here since 2-28-13

I guess that says it all.

On the other hand, sowed a ton of Ed's seeds last night :) happy happy happy

Ok, update, I sent an email to his email on the website the other day....
He did reply that it was sent regular mail, and let him know if it doesn't show by friday.

Well....of all surprises....my neighbor/garden partner just text me that the seeds arrived at their po box.

So tonight when they hand them to me, i'll check the postmarks (just to see how long it takes).
Also, i'll take 5 or 10 seeds and stick em in my mouth for a good long time to see if there is any heat on them.
Not scientific, but worth a test.

Probably plant some, and in several months we will have confirmation, one way or the other, as to what they truly grow. (even though a kind soul here sent me a big ole pile of them already)

Glad you got it.

However, I am not quite sure how glad I actually am...LOL

OK, further review/info.....

Ordered 2-18-13
Postmarked in Canada 3-5-13
Arrived 3-13-13
OK, so maybe on vacation....or busy at work...or whatever...It was mailed eventually
Shipping time 8 days.... I have sent lots of handmade glass stuff to Canada, and it always seemed to take 8 days.

Here is the opened package....

IMAG1553_zps7c3c31ea.jpg

The sum total of contents was a blank piece of white paper with the seeds inside a piece of aluminum foil that was taped to the paper.
OK, once again, not a real big deal, but surprised it wasn't in a paper envelope or plastic bag....
But if you charge $4+ to ship in a plain white envelope, maybe it is a good idea to splurge the $.10 for a plastic bag or little paper envelope....

I proceeded to open the aluminum "pouch", and here was the contents...

IMAG1555_zpsa216828e.jpg

Now the first thing to know is that the camera made them look a bit better than they really look in person.
These have to be the worst looking bunch of seeds I have had my hands on.

But the real questions are 1) will they grow ? (some maybe, some maybe not) and 2) what will they grow? (won't know for months, but can probably tell a little from leaf shape....maybe....)

Then I took 5 of the best looking ones and taste tested them for a couple minutes....well....no real heat on them, but still that doesn't prove anything yet....
They did taste weird...I immediately washed out my mouth after the test....

All in all, the price was low, but the looks of their quality seems to me low as well.

I will soak a pile of them tonight, and sow them to see if they even germinate. If not, oh well....

Luckily Ed (thanks Ed) helped me out with some great looking red bhut seeds that are nice and fresh :)
And my neighbor/garden partner placed an order for what I think may be every Jolokia pepperlover.com sells...

So if they grow, I can compare them to 2 other strains.

Personally, so far, I can't say I could possibly recommend these seeds to anyone......But that may change if they germinate, and if they grow nice pods.....

To be continued.........

Seeds wouldn't be hot - the placenta has the oil, not the seed as I understand it.

But yeah - a little plastic bag is kind of industry standard. If a crackhead can spring for a plastic baggy I'd expect a seed seller to do so.

An that's quite a lag between order & processing.

You don't have to approve a link to your site, anyone can link to you if they want.

Doesn't mean it's a cool thing to do.

the part that would concern me is "they did taste weird"

It wasn't that they tasted weird, but that they tasted old....

And yeah, probably shouldn't have tasted them, But I aint skeered of them germs... :) Canadian or Indian

Seeds wouldn't be hot - the placenta has the oil, not the seed as I understand it.

But yeah - a little plastic bag is kind of industry standard. If a crackhead can spring for a plastic baggy I'd expect a seed seller to do so.

An that's quite a lag between order & processing.

Yep, I figured they weren't being sent, then they arrived.
but the packaging was ridiculous!
I figured there would be some residual oils left on the seeds, but nope...probably due to how old they likely are.

Another member messaged me privately, and had the same suspicions I have.

That the seeds are from pods that were oven dried.

I tried to germinate some seeds from dried bhut pods last year 2 separate times....
Not one popped.
The pods were from an indian food market, and he told me they were imported from india at great cost.
Also he told me he thought they were oven dried, but wasn't sure.
Funny thing is that those seeds looked far better than the ones sent from Canada.

I believe this to be the case.

Back