• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Ginger for Planting

if you don't mind dealing with a Canadian company www.richters.ca not only sells ginger but also wasabi, horseradish, if you are looking to make your own fertilizer tea, they sell comfrey and if you are really devious diviners sage. just go to their website and select "plants". they ship both plants and seeds but some items that don't germinate well from seed they will only sell as plants. so look carefull when viewing seeds and plants.

i keep their site under my favourites and find i reference their site almost as much as thechiliman.org.

hope you find what you are looking for.

looked at richters- they are a nice reference site with tons of stuff but no rhizomes for sale only plants (and a bit high on price imo). i'll be going back to that site often though- thanks!

i got the last ginger i grew from the grocery store- may have to go that route again.

going to try the amish place i order onions and garlic today- they don't have a website so can't deal with them on the weekends.

I get all the ginger I want from the health food store most of it organic and tastes great, my wife cooks with alot of ginger i grow it in 5 gal buckets 4 for a year of good eating. like said before any good potting soil will work good keep them damp not wet grows real fast you can see the bucket fill up with root pick by dumping over on the ground, real easy. Have fun growing.

When I worked in a produce department we'd occasionally get bad shipments, and rather than just throwing it away they'd let me take home boxes of the stuff for a couple dollars... I got about 5 pounds of sprouted ginger this way. Not really a practical option for the average person, but it can't hurt to ask.

that's a good idea.... no luck with the amish. i'm going to get one of the chefs i sell to to see what he can get it bulk for as well.

Back