spirits Glenmorangie Artein Private Edition Range Single Malt Whisky

Glenmorangie “Artein” is the third release in the Private Edition range. The other two are the Sonnalta and Finealta.In Scots Gaelic “Artein” means stone. Stone is the key component in the mineral theme of the entire range of the Glenmorangie single malt lineup. Glenmorangie is the famed distillery in Tain, Ross-shire in the Highlands which has the tallest stills in Scotland.

The water source for the Glenmorangie distillery is the Tarlogie Spring, which is a rain-filtered spring that produces hard water that is loaded with minerals. Standing stanes mean a great deal in the Highland culture. After all, the Glenmorangie firm adopted the local ancient Pictish Hilton of Cadboll Stone, which now, is housed in the National History Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.

Dr. Bill Lumsden is employed by Glenmorangie to produce these fantastic Glenmorangie products. I believe he is a genius and I love all his products and creations. As Irish whiskey grows in the marketplace, I believe that Single Malt Scotch Whiskey must evolve to keep its’ premiere market share. However, it is too prestigious a dram to sink into a gimmicky trade war antics. I do not want any giant squids or Rodan-sized “Hawk of Achill.”

I want sophisticated single malt so I can pretend I am a cross between Sir Sean Connery and Giovanni da Verrazzano while I savor my nectar. That is exactly what this single malt allows me to do. It is a blend of 15 and 21YO Glenmorangie that is extra-matured in “ex-Super Tuscan” barriques.

This bottling will go fast with only 3,000 bottles designated for the entire USA.

Back