• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

GNR

so whats the story with guns n roses ?
I heard they were going on tour this year for their new album which this was months ago & even thought I heard dates ? I've yet to hear any of the new songs on the radio & I've never seen the album in the stores either.
so whats the deal with them, am I just not lucky enough to find it or is this album gonna be nothing more than a pipe dream about its release ?

I believe the album you are refering to is Chinese Democracy. It has been "gonna be released this year" for the last ten years or so. I personally think that the real GNR were one of THE best bands ever to take a stage, however, axl rose and a hired band are NOT GNR! I don't wanna make a liar of myself and say the album will never be released, but I honestly don't think it is too much of a stretch.

I know they've been saying the album is coming out for years, but this time I really thought it was finally happening. but I'm also not suprised that its not out yet. I didnt know it was only gonna be axle with a bunch of newbies I thought the whole original band members would be together, that sucks.
as for the best band to hit the stage, well thats your opinion, I just think they were a good band to listen to.

I know axle is a punk, but I was just asking if anyone knew if the new album was coming out, like I said this time it seemed real since there was talk of tour dates, well at least in my neck of the woods it was or it was just BS talk again I see.
I know I'd hate to buy the album if it came out with all original members because its a money thing for them, but I'd still like to hear it.
I think they made some jamming music, but also think they're a bunch of idiots with their egos.

They already toured Canada in 2006. Their first show in Vancouver was cancelled at the last minute starting a riot. Just like the old GNR, they sure know how to piss off fans. Its also rumoured that the album "Chinese democracy" was always just a joke and that it would be released only when there is a democracy in China.

Back