• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Go Hydro or Great soil mixture?

OKay so about 3 years ago i started making some hydroponic tables (set ups, stand whatever you want to call it)
i have one with 22 holes in it and its 6 feet long by 3 feet wide.
I was wondering should i spend the time to care for the plant to grow in the hydroponincs
OR
should i grow in the soil. i have 3 light one can be for the hydro so ill have 2 extra should i go hydro and soil?
idk what to do?
Would pods cost more to sell if it was hydroponically grow?

-Thanks
Brandon.

hydro just sounds like a pain in the butt to me. Well that and I really don't have the room to do that, but I just like the idea of planting them and letting mother nature take it's course.

I would do hydro in a heart beat. As long as you have a good meter and get it stable it's not that bad. However WC's are a pain. Since I have fish tanks i'm used to it so it's not that bad.

Like Cayennemist said I would try both and see what works best for you. Soil seems to be a little easier and less of a pain in the neck then hydro because you need to clean out the buckets all of the time. If you know what your doing you can get some awesome plants with hydro, but I suppose the same can be said about soil lol

I've messed with both. Hydro is kickass for lettuce but I'm still old school. Get the soil right and the rest is fluff(cute).
Hundreds of millions of hectares are cultivated at all times. It aint hydro.
Krypto in a closet or basement is the exception to that "rule". ;)

Back