• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

gobble gobble gobble

any major plans for turkey day?? gonna cook something new this year??? me is the same ole same ole.......turkey and football.

OK for thanksgiving I don't have to cook at all this year and that suits me just fine.

However, the company I work for gives out a coupon for a free turkey each year. I usually don't have time to cook until around christmas but I try to get creative with it each year. Example, last year I smoked the bird.

This year, this:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid:421132

article has got my attention and I think I'm going to try to "spatchcock" the bird. That's removing the backbone and "flattening" the bird so it can be grilled. Sounds good to me.

Hmmm Chuck, thats a great article, and a great way to do a bird....maybe i need to try it as well, add some sauce and only 1.25 hrs..not bad, off course if i can convince the OLD-fashion people coming....

was watching a show the other day (essence of emeril i think) anyway he took a huge turkey breast put it between 2 peices of saran wrap and beat the living crap out of it until it was flat...then put some kind of stuffing in the middle and rolled it up and tied it up with some kind of string and baked it...it looked good. tried to find it on food network but if your a fan of food network dont worry they will show it again a million times.

Hey Bubba,that recipe started out the same way we rid unwelcome visitors here in the valley.
have'nt thought of bakin em yet though

Glad ya made it through the recent tornadoes

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Bubba,that recipe started out the same way we rid unwelcome visitors here in the valley.

Glad ya made it through the recent tornadoes

lol
remind me not to show up un announced

Hillbilly Chili said:

The secret's in the meat, just be careful with those hard-shelled peppercorns, it's like biting down on a tooth.

DEFCON Creator said:
The secret's in the meat, just be careful with those hard-shelled peppercorns, it's like biting down on a tooth.

I hate it when that happens....and i hate it when you hit a fingernail as well

DEFCON Creator said:

You like headcheese? My brother makes it real good.
leatherface.gif

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Hey Chuk, where ya gittin those fancy little smiley guys??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm "borrowing" them from another forum I post at. Hopefully they won't kick my ass!

Back