• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Going to try 1/2 a Fatali.......maybe?

I've eaten half an orange hab without drinking and a whole one but needed milk last year. Last night I tried 1/2 a fresh paper lantren and didn't need to drink. I want to try 1/2 a fresh fatali tonight but don't want to kill myself. I was wondering about how many scovilles they are and how many a paper lantren is?

chillilover said:
I've eaten half an orange hab without drinking and a whole one but needed milk last year. Last night I tried 1/2 a fresh paper lantren and didn't need to drink. I want to try 1/2 a fresh fatali tonight but don't want to kill myself. I was wondering about how many scovilles they are and how many a paper lantren is?

I don't think I'd do this unless there was beer and money involved....:P

Pepperfreak said:
I agree, I think that the Fatali is about the same hotness as a Hab, just more fruity.

How come I hear this certain fear about it? I also heard it has a different burn. What do they mean by different?

I don't know...for me, I didn't really notice any difference. But I guess you could say the burn was more crisp and more in the front of my mouth. But, I didn't think it was any hotter, maybe just a tad. I think a Caribbean Red Hab or a Savina Hab is hotter, IMO.

FadeToBlack said:
Is there some type of high you get when you eat the pods whole?

Just an endorphin rush. Me personally, I don't like doing it anymore cause it's too painful the next day. :lol: I do however, sample everything I grow, that way I know exactly how it tastes and then how best to use it.

paulky_2000 said:
I don't think I'd do this unless there was beer and money involved....:P

chillilover said:
No, why are they way hotter?:shocked:

I suppose what I meant was unless someone was offering beer and cash....why suffer through eating a raw chilli as hot as that?

I could do it...and I have.....but it isn't fun!:mouthonfire:

I guess I prefer my "fire" cooked into my food, or blended into a sauce, not torched directly onto my tongue in it's raw state.

...just my $.02 ;)

For me it wasn't that much hotter than a habanero, but it was more of a sharp burn than spread out over my entire tongue.

I know I say this all the time, but for my money, Fatalii and Datil are hands down AWESOME for flavor / heat combo!
Not so hot you can't enjoy your food, and flavor for DAYS!!!!

Just my 0.02

just go ahead & try eating 1/2 of a fatalii, what ya got to loose ?
like most people say - they sample each chile they grow & what better way than eating half or the whole pod ?
if its too hot or too much at once...well...then you'll know not to do that again :lol:

Okay.......I did it tonight. I had 1/2 my buddy the other. Lets just say it was insane.:mouthonfire: Hottest thing I had by far. I didn't drink anything or eat anything but lets just say I thought about it more than once. I know everyone will say I'm insane but I wasn't to keen on the flavour. It was a different burn though, it really attacked the tounge. Am I going to do it again....probably not. Am I going to try 1/2 a super hot.....definitely not. It was an experience though and to you guys who eat whole super hots.....I'm sorry but your insane.:P Its been 2 hours now and it feels like by tounge is blistered.

If ya eat a 1/2, cut 'em lengthwise so ya get the full range.
Eating just the bottom 1/2 of a Chile is just not the same. :D

My teeth have gotten worse in the last few months (broken off, etc), so eating a whole chile is pretty much outa the question for now...but I still like eating stuff with chiles in it. :)

Actually, the capsaicin helps out greatly with the teeth pain, but I fear getting a piece of pepper or worse..a seed..stuck in my crappy teeth.

I'll have to get 'em out soon, just not ready for the concept of dentures yet I guess.

QuadShotz said:
If ya eat a 1/2, cut 'em lengthwise so ya get the full range.
Eating just the bottom 1/2 of a Chile is just not the same. :D

My teeth have gotten worse in the last few months (broken off, etc), so eating a whole chile is pretty much outa the question for now...but I still like eating stuff with chiles in it. :)

Actually, the capsaicin helps out greatly with the teeth pain, but I fear getting a piece of pepper or worse..a seed..stuck in my crappy teeth.

I'll have to get 'em out soon, just not ready for the concept of dentures yet I guess.

Ya it was cut lenghtwise.:)

Congrats chillilover. You've done something most "normal" people wouldn't even consider. You have now ascended to a higher plane.

chillilover said:

I've seen the fatalii rated as high as 500 000 SHU, but I think somewhere around 300 000 is probably where I'd place them.

Back