• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

golden cayenne?

Has anyone grown the pepper? I have both the red and golden yet the golden seems to be shooting its pods straight up instead of hanging down? They have not ripened yet so not fully matured so i wonder if they still might fall down. Could this be mislabeled? It looks like a high producer so far I like it anyways.

I'll put up pic later I'm working :-D

My Golden Cayenne plants have always grown pods that hang down, but sometimes lay almost horizontal.

fM5xty1.jpg

Darn....maybe got a mislabeled plant.. the flower starts off hanging down then the pod comes out facing up..so weird...really wanted to try the golden I'm kinda bummed

gmen16 said:
Darn....maybe got a mislabeled plant.. the flower starts off hanging down then the pod comes out facing up..so weird...really wanted to try the golden I'm kinda bummed

PM me an address and I'll throw a couple in a box along with some other pods so you can try them.  They truly are fantastic for stir fry.

Be sure to save seeds!

This is my first year growing the yellow cayenne.  All of my pods are growing down and are just about ready to pick.  The only pods I have growing upwards are my Tabasco, but they are only about an inch or two long.   

gmen16 said:
Has anyone grown the pepper? I have both the red and golden yet the golden seems to be shooting its pods straight up instead of hanging down? They have not ripened yet so not fully matured so i wonder if they still might fall down. Could this be mislabeled? It looks like a high producer so far I like it anyways.

I'll put up pic later I'm working :-D

Did you get it at home depot or lowes? if so they probably mislabeled it with the dragon cayenne

You have yourself a Dragon Cayenne plant it seems. I would stop by and show them some pics and see if they'll give you another golden for free.

Back