• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Gonna be a GOOOOOD night!!!

I will have to say, I'm very excited to try these sauces on various dishes. I couldn't wait to try them after opening the box so I did try a "wee nip of courage" and so far I'm impressed!!! Does any one have suggestions for goodies to try these on?

0425111825.jpg

I couldn't wait any longer. I had a couple leftover stale tacos. The sauces were great and really improved the flavor of the tacos :lol:

On taco #1, 1841 Ghost Pepper sauce:
Very nice. I was expecting hotter but it still maintained the flavor. Smokey, sweet and tangy.

On taco #2, 1498 Trinidad Scorpion sauce:
HOLY CRAP!!! That is one hot s.o.b. and what a great flavor. More fruity than 1841. Fifteen minutes later and my tongue is still on fire... GOOD STUFF! :hell:

I would like to try these on some other dishes. I'm thinking the 1498 sauce would kick the proverbial buttocks on grilled chicken if thickened up with some butter. The tacos were just an emergency solution to fulfill my spicy cravings. Who says you can't polish a turd!?!?!

WELL DONE ON THE SAUCES!!!

Yes to the grilled chicken. Firehead Thomas sent me a recipe when it first came out, not sure if I can find it but you can use the concept and create your own version. The rub for the chicken was a brown sugar and coffee base (with some sea salt, cumin, garlic etc.) Then some diced tomato and onion get sauteed and finished with butter and 1498. I made it and it was awesome!!!

Oh yea! that is gonna be a good night. The stuff is great on everything. Our 1841 should be here any day!

If you ask logchief, he says just eat it straight, doesnt want the food screwing up the sauce :)

Woo-hoo Redtail!!!

I ordered the 1841 last week and am patiently waiting (sitting tapping fingers) for it! Can't wait to try!

Love the 1498. We have used it on just about everything. Loved it on shrimp. Ahh heck we love it on everything!

Have fun eating (or gulping) :)

I'm not a big hot sauce drinker. I really enjoy flavor combinations. Oh darn and what do you know, I just so happen to pull a steak out of the fridge for dinner. Coincidence???? I THINK NOT!

Back