• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gonna look like an Airpot Runway!!!

Just got back from Lowes, had to buy more lights - I bought 3 - 4 foot 2 light fixtures @ $9.74 each and a 10 pack of 4 foot T12 Daylight bulbs (6500K) @ $19.98. Hope fully It'll be enough (once I pot up) for my 3 trays of bhuts, 1 tray w/ lemon drop, jalapeno, hot & sweet bananas, & I also have 21 varieties of tomato's to start yet.

I have a few 4 foot fixtures going with daylight bulbs and as long as they are an inch or so from the bulbs (they don't get hot at all) then they will do great because mine LOVE it under them.

This is what I have going now - I have three of them, got the 4 footers for when I run out of room once I start potting up.
P2152005.jpg

Nice setup, thats perfect for seedlings. Just make sure to watch out for the soil drying out, it can happen lightning fast under CFLs and as a rule of thumb for me, dark soil doesn't mean wet soil... Sometimes it can look soaking wet and still be bone dry (a mistake one might make when growing lots of seedlings, some out of reach). I alwayse touch the soil to make sure my eyes are not tricking me as I have gone to work thinking everything was fine, came back to find wilted seedlings just in time to rescue them!

I've had that happen to me as well. Luckily it was only for a little while before I gave them a drink then they perked right up. I would check the heat on the floros though just to be sure before I trusted them. Most are fine, but I got one from work that they were planning on throwing out and it nearly burned my seedlings crispy in a few hours. It was a little 2 tube 2' with like 20 watt bulbs or something like that. It was about 4" above the plants and was HOT! I guess I should have let them throw it out huh?;) Luckily only lost 1 seedling, a C. lanceolatum though.:tear:

jacob

Back