• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Good Balanced Liquid Fert for Seedlings?

It's my understanding that AACT is not to be subbed for fert. At some point I will want to feed my seedlings a diluted, liquid fert, while they are still indoors, under lights. I see Dr. Earth has a 3-3-3 all purpose fert. Any others you have had success with? Or, should I be considering some other option? I was thinking I could add the diluted fert to the AACT. Good idea, or bad? Thanks.

I use AACT, but start my plants on 1-1-1 fert, and CalMag+.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/general_organics/bio_root2/

http://www.botanicare.com/Cal-Mag-2-0-0-P48.aspx

I know they are not from the same vendor. I just like this combo. It has worked for me.

5ml of 1-1-1 fert to a gallon of RO water. (1st watering)

Let soil dry out (could take a couple of days).

5ml of CalMag+ to a gallon of RO water. (2nd watering)

1 gallon of RO water. (3rd watering)

Then start back with number 1 watering cycle or AACT mix.

Between each cycle I let the peat moss & pearlite dry out. But don't kill the plant.

I have had good luck with my seedlings with this. Once they get there first true leaves, I give them AACT diluted down. 2 parts water to 1 part AACT.

I will post some pics.

Here are some of my pics of current seedlings.

This is my first set started mid Jan.

D4800425-D22B-4213-A89C-A3BBA7231F40_zpsyqxyn6nd.jpg

Here is another set started mid Feb.

C19C4BC1-DE66-47B8-8746-836A32FEEDBD_zps5t2knml4.jpg

Here is my AACT setup.

D88B9DD8-3080-44C1-BF90-5582964E4214_zpsbj7x8utw.jpg

Proud Marine Dad said:
Says who? I grew plants feeding them nothing but AACT last season. Guess my plants never read that. ;) :rofl:
I believe it was Rich who made it a point that it's not a fert.

Proud Marine Dad said:
I mean that in the traditional sense of the word.
Oh, ok cool. I was about to panic since that's essentially all I've been given my seedlings. (premade compost tea,) I just brew it and serve my plants a drink. lol

Proud Marine Dad said:
Says who? I grew plants feeding them nothing but AACT last season. Guess my plants never read that. ;) :rofl:
Would you mind suggesting an AACT recipe for young seedlings? 

Roguejim said:
Would you mind suggesting an AACT recipe for young seedlings?
I just use 3 cups of compost in five gallons of dechlorinated water with two tablespoons of unsulfered molasses. I aerate it for 24-48 hours and apply it foliar and as a soil drench.

Proud Marine Dad said:
I just use 3 cups of compost in five gallons of dechlorinated water with two tablespoons of unsulfered molasses. I aerate it for 24-48 hours and apply it foliar and as a soil drench.
That would be your own compost, right?  Thanks.

Proud Marine Dad said:
How often do you feed the seedlings?

OKGrowin said:
dynagrow foliage pro synthetic
dramatic one fert organic
Hey Ok, I have bought the dynagrow foliage pro.  Do you use this all summer long at the recommended dosage on the bottle (and how frequently) or do you stop after plant out? The reason i ask is i don't want to be using too much nitrogen to produce pods.  I have used it a couple of times on my seedlings in the solo cups and they look really good, at least i think so but it is my first time from seed so what do i know :)

Back