Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

Been a few months since I've been on here as wedding crap is taking over a lot of free time... still don't get why wedding stuff takes so much time even though I'm in the thick of it ATM.  Anyways....

I was lucky enough to pick up 2 of the 4-packs of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on Black Friday about 6 weeks ago after hearing so many people say I should try it.  Stuff is amazing.  I think I cried a little when I drank it out of joy.  I'm afraid to open any more since it sells out here in less than an hour.  I didn't even know a stout could taste like that... such a nice sweet vanilla flavor to it.  Even the texture was a bit sensual on my tongue.

I was wondering if anyone else got their hands on some and what their impressions were as well?

Also if anyone has been able to get it and let it age for an extended period how much more the flavor actually develops.  On the bottles it says the flavor continues developing in the bottle for up to 5 years.  Trying to figure out if it's worth leaving it be for that long or if I should enjoy it sparingly throughout the year?

I have never had it aged, but it is a tremendous beer.  I am sure if you age it, it will be just as good if not better.  Put bottles aside to be enjoyed at different stages of aging.  You won't be sorry.

Back