• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Got a bundle from eBay, just need help to verify their types, please!

Hey, everyone! I just purchased a superhot pepper variety pack on eBay recently (I know, I know...) and posted a video on YouTube to showcase to everyone what the ones I want verification on are. This includes Naga Morich, Trinidad Scorpion Yellow, and Bhut Jolokia. Here is the video:

eBay Pepper ID video

Anyone who can help verify these for me, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!
Karl

Well-watched the first three in broken bandwidth, too many stop and starts,(out on the water)-try posting some pics if you don't get a lot of response.My comment is just that when the superhots are picked real green , they tend to be kinda low octane...and some end up barely able to "turn"- but thats just my exprience, you might get lucky :beer:
DJ

Man put a shirt on. Having some half naked hairy dude show me peppers bites. The things we have to put up with to help our fellow chiliheads.

OK, first of the Naga Morich. Possibly. Look a little big and them being green doesn't help. Brown bag'em and hope they ripen.

Bhut Jolokia's, look right so good to go. I'd put a knife to the one with the black on the end. You might be able to save part of the top of it but the rest of it's going to be nasty on the inside.

Yellow scorps. Can't tell what color they're going to be until they get there. Size and shape is OK. Brown bag these too.

Trini Scorps look like Trini Scorps. I wouldn't be concerned about what kind they are, I'm sure they're going to be hot.

Now, with all of the folks on this site who grow all of those peppers you just bought why on earth would you send money to a complete stranger on Ebay, especially after all of the horror stories? I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would be happy to send you pods.

Happy munching.

Man put a shirt on. Having some half naked hairy dude show me peppers bites. The things we have to put up with to help our fellow chiliheads.

Now, with all of the folks on this site who grow all of those peppers you just bought why on earth would you send money to a complete stranger on Ebay, especially after all of the horror stories? I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would be happy to send you pods.

Happy munching.

Thanks, Patrick! About the shirt, yeah, I know...

Well, I bid on those in overzeal because I want to try superhots! The guy was really cool, and the types seem to match, I just wanted to be certain that they were couth. Should I leave them at room temperature in bags, or in the fridge? Also, in the sun, or just on a shelf?

Speaking of pods, do you have any for sale? I've been seriously branching out and I'm looking to try many new types, either superhots or otherwise.

Thanks again!
Karl

Hey Karl,

Yeah it looks like you found someone on Ebay that lives up to their word.

Put them in paper bags at room temp. If you have a banana add that in the bag too.

I'm waiting on my pods to ripen and when they do I would be happy to send you some. All I would ask from you is to cover postage. Send me a PM when you get a chance and we'll get things worked out.

Back