• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

got a new one....

20131112_180919.jpg

The small skinny one by itself.... the other three are unknown ornamentals from ajijoe from another post....

It doesn't show too well, but its orange.... haven't tried it yet, ill get pictures of the plant up later.... pods start out a dull lighter green, a tad bit lighter than a green bell.... start out growing downwards but once they stop growing they point upwards.... turn black when exposed to sun.... no purple on the leaves, don't remember if the flowers had purple so for sure they're no full purple.... maybe mostly purple with some white, but not full purple, but I could be wrong....
Don't remember who I got them from in a trade, don't even remember if they were labelled as "strange ornamental" or unknown ornamental, clearly they're ornamental. ...
I took too long getting around to putting this one in the ground and didn't bother with seperating the two seedlings. ... they're growing pretty nicely with maybe an inch between the stems, thinking when I consolidate everything into the bigger beds later on, I might bonchi one of them.... plant picture to come later, but the stems are mostly dark with green leaves.... plants are small, but everything this year is small for some reason.... tallest plant is maybe 18 inches.... these are lucky if they're pushing 12....

Pod shape and white annuum flower could suggest chile pequín.  (See my current avatar.)  Your plant's leaves leave me less convinced, though.

How hot are the pods?

Very low in heat.... tasty though.... I've had jalapenos hotter.... ill keep it around, its a flavor I'd like to experiment with....
Not part of this thread, but the one opposite of it, I tried it tonight as well.... tongue went numb.... it was more of an instant tip of the tongue burn than anything....
Edit: the pod in question was very thin walled, very little to almost no placenta.... and it ripened to red after picking....

Back