Got a new slicer today.

Dropped by my friends house and he gave me this.

6HOETxQ.jpg

Only a little 130 watt slicer. Looked it up. It's like 80 bucks at wal mart. But its perfect for me. 

Going to go pick up some gator meat tomorrow and throw it on the dehydrator I got for christmas!!

Now I'm curious what the HP of mine is (even though it's been used once for sure, and maybe one other time) ... since it's not listed, it's probably low ...

(Chef's Choice 615)

Yeah I'm feeling like Im getting a good/decentish setup going on. Dehydrator. 2 crappy blenders. (Get a new blender at tax time thats when the missus and I do christmas for each other. Dec 25 is all for the kids). Grinder. Food mill. Decent knives ( could always be better). pH meter.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I was being funny, mine is watt no HP ;)

LOL, I googled for like 3-4 mins to try to find it ...

I'm going to chill my next smoked turkey breast or brisket and then slice it cold next time to compare ...

:lol:  I was Like...."OMG!  300 HP?!?!??"  That's gotta be a typo~~~~ :crazy:

:lol:

Anyway, small slicer can come in really handy if they are easy to clean.  Enjoy your new toy~

grantmichaels said:
Now I'm curious what the HP of mine is (even though it's been used once for sure, and maybe one other time) ... since it's not listed, it's probably low ...

(Chef's Choice 615)
120 watts
salsalady said:
:lol:  I was Like...."OMG!  300 HP?!?!??"  That's gotta be a typo~~~~ :crazy:

:lol:

Anyway, small slicer can come in really handy if they are easy to clean.  Enjoy your new toy~
Come on SL, damn thing has a hemi on it! Slices whole cows with ease :) On a serious note, I cannot wait to see what it can do once I get this country ham I have aged ready to be sliced. 

Is it a V6 or a V8? 

Attachments

• V8 Blender.jpg
    V8 Blender.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 94
I cure my own bacon and have found it necessary to freeze the bacon slab almost completely in order to get good slices off of a home quality slicer. In fact, I usually use an electric knife instead since I like my bacon thick.

Teamfour said:
I cure my own bacon and have found it necessary to freeze the bacon slab almost completely in order to get good slices off of a home quality slicer. In fact, I usually use an electric knife instead since I like my bacon thick.
I'm with ya there brother :cheers:  I do my deer jerky the same way... Boooyah!

I smoke my own bacon too, after borrowing a home slicer from a friend for the first batch I decided that was not the way to go.  Looked on craigslist and found a Berkel slicer for about the same price as a new home slicer.  After a little scrubbing and bleach it's all cleaned up and does a great job slicing bacon.

-Alden

Back