• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Got fert?

Went to the local nursery today to get some organic fertilizer for my babies. Picked up Neptune's harvest seaweed for now. I've got these guys going in my second bedroom, so don't think I can deal with fish emulsion (smelly!). I'll save that for once they go outside.

DSCN0299.jpg

You've probably all seen this stuff before. But probably not this...

DSCN0297.jpg

It's a worm casting compost tea made here in the blue-ridge. Right down the road actually. Cost was 7.99+tax, so I figured I'd give it a try. Here's a closeup of the lable with nutrient %

DSCN0298.jpg

Says to add it undiluted to plants in regular watering schedule. However, it then states to try to use room temperature unchlorinated water.... I'm already doing that, but seems like they're implying a dilution. Maybe I'll give them a visit or a phone call.

im making my own worm castings this year.... and i cant wait to try it out...

what does it say on the label of the bottle.. is it mixed with anything ?

Hippy uses worm casting tea for his plants and they are monsters. Thanks for the pic of the bottle, i have always wondered what the ratings were.

If you made your own, I'm sure the numbers may be higher. Good to know THSC is using casting tea. I've seen his plants on the tube, and they do look great.

I have raised worms for years and use both the tea and castings outside in dirt.

One of the byproducts of oxidation is water which must be drained from the worm-farm.....this is my worm tea.

NPK ratios wil depend upon compost input and have had mine vary from 1:1:1 ot 3:1:1

Petey Pepper, Earthworm Infusion is kinda just the name of the product I believe. The reverse lable says it's a "compost tea made from worm castings".

Back