• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense GOT ONE!!!!!BHUT JOLOKIA /PHX,AZ

Finally after lets see nov2011/june2012=7months I got one to set a lil nub with a lil string looking tip man being new and this being my first supper hot its been a long time coming but definitely worth it supper excited now just gotta get it to full maturity woo whoo..

Way to go!!! I have two Bhuts that came in the 1st of June. Mine took 5 1/2 months to come in. Esp if growing in doors try hand pollinating every day. Congrats!!!

Post a pic of it if you can pls

I'll try to figure out how to upload a pic on my smartphone ?

Droid x

Try getting photobucket app for your phone. I got it on mine since I figured I would be posting pics and having my phone would be the best method to get pics on here. If you can get the app you can upload the pics from phone to there then put them in the forum. Best of luck

2012-06-05_05-56-27_294.jpg
Finally figured out the posting pics thing ill have to post another one cuz she's a little bigger now

2012-06-21_19-48-48_388.jpg
Heres a updated photo.

2012-06-21_19-48-48_388.jpg
Heres a updated photo.

I have never grown Bhuts [succesfully anyway], but that kind of looks like a scorpion... Is that how the bhut jolokia's look when they are first podding? Either way, it looks like a mean pepper. I want one! :)

I have never grown Bhuts [succesfully anyway], but that kind of looks like a scorpion... Is that how the bhut jolokia's look when they are first podding? Either way, it looks like a mean pepper. I want one! :)

not sure myself its my first time too but these are(naga jolokia) not bhuts? not sure there's a different but yeah I was thinking they look like scorpions too?

not sure myself its my first time too but these are(naga jolokia) not bhuts? not sure there's a different but yeah I was thinking they look like scorpions too?
there is definitely a difference. naga jolokia is a c. frutescens variety. they look completely different than the bhut. they don't look like scorps either they are closer to a cayenne in looks. never grown them myself but i have read up on it. those pics look like a scorpion to me, but as any pepper grower will tell you, you can have peppers of all shapes and sizes on one plant.

there is definitely a difference. naga jolokia is a c. frutescens variety. they look completely different than the bhut. they don't look like scorps either they are closer to a cayenne in looks. never grown them myself but i have read up on it. those pics look like a scorpion to me, but as any pepper grower will tell you, you can have peppers of all shapes and sizes on one plant.
that is the naga jolokia pc1 (c.frutescens) the naga jolokia (c.chinense) is completely different it is a superhot closely related to but also very different from a bhut. those pods look way more like a scorp or a 7pot primo however

Back