• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Got some a pepper from a friend

http://imgur.com/a/kqBW9

I got this pepper from a friend who said it was a "brain strain." I am very new to growing peppers, but when I googled brain strain, the texture did not seem to be the same. He also grows Trinidad scorpions, but I was also told by another friend it looks like a moruga scorpion. Please pardon my ignorance with this subject, but I could really use a positive I.D.! Thank you very much for your time.

Looks very brainesh. Not all of the pods are as wrinkled as others. Weather,soil and nutirients can also factor in. Can we see the interior. That would help . Also have you tried it yet?

I've not tried it yet, just in case there was requests for more pictures of it to help with identification. When you say inside, do you just mean open it up in any way, or a specific way?

Slice it down the middle like this

IMG_4036.jpg

I agree it appears to be more scorp then brain. Either a regular scorp or ButchT would be my guess. However looks can be deceiving sometimes with pods. Typically the Brain has a bumpy or wrinkled appearance, also the tail for this pod has more of a stinger like tail instead of a fatter nub of a tail like the Morugas and brainstrains. But this is just my opinion

Back