• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds got some bhut seeds

So I was searching the net for places with interesting seeds and I found that a place right in Halifax carries Bhut Jolokia seeds. I couldn't help myself so I picked up a pack (of 9 seeds) today. I know it's really late in the season so I'm going to try growing one at a time and bring it indoors when I need to.

I'm not a big fan of insanely hot peppers but these are beautiful... well I guess most of these peppers are.

I guess I'll be browsing your guys' jolokia pics now. :) I don't expect any fruit from them until next year though.

-Rob

another hint is the Bhuts get pretty large...as much as 5-6' tall and 3-4 feet in diameter...what I am saying is you better have a lot of room to grow a bhut inside...MO

Bhuts are quickly becoming one of my favorite peppers. Lots of heat, great flavor and smell, and some of the coolest looking pods ever.

AlabamaJack said:
another hint is the Bhuts get pretty large...as much as 5-6' tall and 3-4 feet in diameter...what I am saying is you better have a lot of room to grow a bhut inside...MO

Thanks for the info... that's really big. Hopefully I can find some place for it. If it gets too big I'll have to find it a new home.

bigt said:
Bhuts are quickly becoming one of my favorite peppers. Lots of heat, great flavor and smell, and some of the coolest looking pods ever.

Tony, I haven't tried one yet (tried a dorset naga from AJ but not the Bhut) but I must admit they do have some cool looking pods. Photos just don't do them justice.

Back