• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Gowing Peppers in the tropics

Just wanted to update y'all as to the progress of the peppers. It's been around 40 days since i sowed most of the seeds.

This is the list of varieties i'm growing:
1- golden marconi
2- pepperocini
3- Fatalii
4- Butch T Scorpion
5- Scotch Bonnet
6- Takanatsume
7- Sapporo
8- Mini Bell
9- Purple Jalapeno
10- Jamaican Hot Chocolate
11- Corno di Toro
12- Atomic Starfish
13- Hot Jamaican

IMG_0913_zpsa5dd9ee8.jpg
IMG_0914_zps4b4db4cf.jpg
IMG_0915_zpsad324e6e.jpg
IMG_0916_zpsc355f855.jpg
IMG_0917_zpsb46a15e4.jpg
IMG_0919_zpsaa4f4335.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Have you considered finding/growing some local varieities, or is the number available and quality of local ajies/chiles sufficient that it would be a "waste of time or space" to grow them yourself?

Have you considered finding/growing some local varieities, or is the number available and quality of local ajies/chiles sufficient that it would be a "waste of time or space" to grow them yourself?

There's a lot of aji chombos here but thats about the only hot pepper available. Since they usually pack a good amount of heat, no one really bothers to import/grow other types of hot peppers. However I would like to try to grow them at some point as well as some aleppo peppers, which some seeds I have found in a batch of crushed aleppo peppers i bought. I hope they are not too damaged to grow.

Just got my first flower ever, with many more about to flower.

IMG_0951_zpsf197f808.jpg

IMG_0950_zps718d538b.jpg

having it outside full time has made it a very strong plant but not very tall yet!

I have other plants that are smaller and have flower buds starting to appear. some are larger varieties like golden marconi. I think I should pinch these off, right?

Back