• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Granular Fertilizer Question

I have some Vigoro 10-10-10 All Purpose Fertilizer which i want to use on the top dressing of my 7 gallon potted Scotch Bonnets.

The directions say to use 1-1/2 lbs per 100 sq. ft. but doesent mention any smaller scale directions.

I was thinking of using maybe a tbl. spn per plant?
Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm a newbie, but I'd think you might be able to convert that based on a combination of determining the square footage of your 7 gal pot and a weight vs measurement check. For example, if your pots are 14" wide, then they're about 1.07 sq ft. Take a sampling of the weight of a tablespoon or similar measurement, and go from there.

All the fertilisers I've seen that are suitable for pepper growing have equal or close to equal amounts of N-K (Nitrogen and Potassium) but little if any of P (Phosphorous).

For example, Chilli Focus has a NPK of 2.98-0.4-3.6.

I'm sure there are plenty of people around here that have used 1:1:1 NPK ratio fertilisers, they may tell you that they still work, just wanted to point out some of the findings I've had in the last year or so.

I just use about a half a hand full then mix it in a little works fine for my Scotch Bonnets i have heaps a pods on my pant

I used a handful of Osmocote 14-14-14 in a 5 gallon - maybe 2 tblspn? and it worked great for me. It was spread evenly through out the pot. Don't put a large amount directly next to roots to avoid burn.

Back