• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Great FIND!! (espanol help?;))

I tried this tiny little place called Panaderia (I think), the sign said bakery and burritos in english but nothing else.

I got 3 tacos, pollo.

Fresh cilantro, fresh onions, a warm fresh soft tortilla, and this fiery little tub of salsa.

AWESOME!!!!!

They gave me back $2 too much, so darn, I have to go back today. (I think she thought I was from immigration ;), she seemed nervous of me in my shirt and tie)

Today I will try the asada and chorizo tacos.

Como se dice "you gave me $2 too much yesterday"?

Dos dolares de mas de ayer?

Been a while since high school espanol.

Gracias!!!!

I am not sure I said it right, but in the end I tried it.

Got 4 of my co-workers to place orders too, just upped their business!

nice cheezy i love places like that. what you do that you have to wear a suit?
you should see if they grow theyre own veggies and fruit or what peppers they use.

I could really go for a nice burrito too I love anything in a tortilla or wrap -- carne asada is my one of grilling fave's then to throw chorizo on it too that my friend = WIN

I work at Chase Bank by day, by night I save innocents from the forces of darKNESS.......wearing a tie.

yeah, I live in the next county over, everyone here lives in town.

I was the first one to try this place, it's been here for 15 yeasr!!lol.

It took me a year of being here at this location, but at least I finally got there.

LUCKYDOG said:
I could really go for a nice burrito too I love anything in a tortilla or wrap -- carne asada is my one of grilling fave's then to throw chorizo on it too that my friend = WIN

They were in the back making these tortillas TO ORDER!!!

They were soft, probably corn meal and corn flower, a little thickness, thicker than a storebought tortilla, white, warm, and DELICIOUS!

Definite WIN.

awesome to hear they were making the tortillas fresh!!! It's so amazing the taste!!1 Of course as long as you don't burn the corn :D

I am not sure I got through to them what the $2 was for.;)

Oh well, I did the right thing, and they appreciate the spike in business, I am sure!

Mmmm Mexican food....wish we had more decent Mexican restaurants around here. I worked at one once but they microwaved all their food so it tasted crap!
I tried learning Spanish quite a few years ago but have forgotten most of it since I didn't practice after my short course. But I want to eventually go to Mexico and think it is polite if you can speak some of the language so will probably try again when I'm not so busy! It sounds so cool when they speak really fast.

There is a little place like this around here. The absolute best Mexican food in the state. You can walk around back of the place and there's a garden. The owner grows all his own veggies for the place when the weather's right.

patrick said:
There is a little place like this around here. The absolute best Mexican food in the state. You can walk around back of the place and there's a garden. The owner grows all his own veggies for the place when the weather's right.

Which place is that Patrick? Sounds like I definitely need to try it next time I'm in town.

This guy I work with just came up to me.

"Where is that mexican joint you were talking about?."

He speaks no spanish.

I told him to take cash, ask for "tres tacos pollo, much caliente", and enjoy.

When I lived in Costa Rica, I remember hanging out at the tortilla factory and buying the packets fresh. Yummmy!

I miss a lot of the food, simple dishes like arroz con frijoles, arroz con pollo, arroz con carne....

Something they did with the rice, I think they added lard(?) or butter to it as it was steamed, making it yellow in colour.

I am inspired now to get the frijoles going in the pressure cooker, put some rice in the steamer, grab some tortillas and crack my bottle of Tico Ketchup, Salsa Lizano!

Pura vida, maje!

ring sting said:
When I lived in Costa Rica, I remember hanging out at the tortilla factory and buying the packets fresh. Yummmy!

I miss a lot of the food, simple dishes like arroz con frijoles, arroz con pollo, arroz con carne....

Something they did with the rice, I think they added lard(?) or butter to it as it was steamed, making it yellow in colour.

I am inspired now to get the frijoles going in the pressure cooker, put some rice in the steamer, grab some tortillas and crack my bottle of Tico Ketchup, Salsa Lizano!

Pura vida, maje!

For yellow rice I have read adding turmeric but the best way is to make achiote oil : Steeping annatto (achiote) seeds in hot olive oil for a few minutes it will give the oil a orange-gold color it will infuse it with a nutty, delicate aroma
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons achiote (annatto) seeds

Back