• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests great tool for identifying the smaller pests.

bought this on a whim to see if i still had mites on my plants after spraying E-Pro.

http://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Deluxe-Handheld-Digital-Microscope/dp/B004QF0A1Y

this is what i assume is a red mite.
Image11.jpg

dead btw. turns out there are tons of mites on the leaves, but i havent seen a single one moving. most are actually upside down.

edit: forgot link

thread resurrection!

same time of the year, and more mites! caught em early this year tho.

Image21.jpg

Image17.jpg

Image15.jpg

and for kicks, heres a brown widow whoms web i almost shoved my hand into....apparently they arent that bad tho.

Image2.jpg

nice, they sell them on ebay too.

FWIW this thing was 50 bucks when i posted it last year. idk why its more expensive now. lol...

ok..what? a brown widow?!...did they have those before? I've never seen one of heard of one of those. sry off topic :), cool micro id be cool to spot out those damn leaf miners, they are so hard to find, i just find the damage :cry:

you dont hear from them because they are not nearly as dangerous as a black widow. i think their bite just leaves a swollen red spot.

ive never tried to look for leaf miners. i get them over and over on my citrus tree. next time they come back ill get a look at them.

Cool toy. I have always been a fan of Celestron products and own their Ultima 8 x 56 binoculars and a C-90 spotting scope.
Wished I could afford a C-11 telescope. ;)

Back