• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Green houses not?

Is a green house needed or not? I've been using my dining room as my plant room in my house. It's south facing so it has sun most of the day. My plants are doing great in there. I'm having problems with A. my great Dane thinking he needed to smell and check my plants everyday. He's tail has knocked some of them down. I've been teaching to leave them alone. B. my 3 year old thought two weeks ago that some of my peppers we weeds and needed pulled. I could of cried. My dining room is about 15x20ft. I have 300+ peppers planted and had almost the same a mouth of tomatoes til someone pulled them up. It's not that big of a deal because it's pretty early to have tomatoes ready to go. I live in Western Nebraska. So far it's been above avg. temps and and very little moisture.

Any help be great, Thanks
Amy

Sounds like your plants are doing well without a greenhouse. Just need some security by the sound of it. Perhaps a wire rack to keep them away from everyone?

Thanks Fire Dragon I never thought of a wire rack, I was thinking about getting one of the large baby fence things that go into circles.

Time to put the wagons in a circle.

Greenhouses are necessary but they sure are nice to have. If you have the room, that is.

This year I've grown everything on the concrete pad in front of the garage. However, this has caused me to loose close to 600 plants from hail, 60mph winds in storms, plants drowning, bugs, cold, etc.

I will have built a greenhouse by the end of the year. That is a guarantee.

They do have the portable type greenhouse that is basically a wire rack with a cover that you close up to keep the temp and humidity in. Seems like security will be good for you since you've been accident prone lol. Good luck!

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest, Amy!

@
They do have the portable type greenhouse that is basically a wire rack with a cover that you close up to keep the temp and humidity in. Seems like security will be good for you since you've been accident prone lol. Good luck!
+1 Whereabouts in Oregon, FireDragon?

Back