• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

green leaves with yellow veins

I have an unknown pepper plant that has had about a total of 10 bottom and middle leaves that are green but the veins of the leaf are bright yellow. I am guessing this is a deficiency but i have been unable to locate which one. does anyone have insight on what could cause this? the leaves drop off fairly quickly after the veins turn yellow as well. i will post a pic as soon as my photobucket starts cooperating.
thanks

I water when the pot is light, usually right before my plants wilt. i will get a pic of a leaf up as soon as photo bucket starts working for me again.

without the picture,

may be from lack of light reaching the lowers
how far from what kind of light you got there?

how far from the tops are you running the lights?

for planting medium i am using fox farm ocean forest along with vermiculite and perlite.
as far as nutrients go i have not used anything on this plant. here is the pic...finally
this was the last leaf showing these symptoms, unfortunately I didnt get the pic soon enough and the leaf has started to shrivel and discolor.
im sure ill have another to photograph in a few days though.

when they start showing these symptoms, the middle vein and a few smaller veins are a brilliant yellow while the rest of the leaf is green.

I am not sure if my peppers are exhibiting the same thing as yours but I have yellow blotches on my two Habanero peppers. The discoloration seems to be more between the veins than along them. The leaves look to be doing fine aside from the yellow coloring.

20110413HabaneroLeaves001.jpg

gee, thanks for that pic
that really shows it

i would treat for fungus,

are you removing the affected portions?

almost looks like that one you did put up a picture
of had been rubbed raw

you better set up a spy cam and review the tape
later to see if some thing is messing with them
when you ain't there to protect them

gee, thanks for that pic
that really shows it

i would treat for fungus,

are you removing the affected portions?

almost looks like that one you did put up a picture
of had been rubbed raw

you better set up a spy cam and review the tape
later to see if some thing is messing with them
when you ain't there to protect them
fungus? that never crossed my mind.. good idea.
I am not removing the affected leaves as usually about the time i notice them they have dropped. nothing is rubbing them as they are indoors, inside a humidity tent...

so the pictures we would like are:
1. overall setup
2. normal looking leaf
3. first signs of not good looking
4. clearances between lights and enclosure sides (include a tape measure, yard stick, coin, or ruler)
5. surface of grow media
6. other peppers that are pretty(that you are "proud of their looks" and such)

people here will try to help if you try to ask with enough info(and pictures) :dance:

for help with the picture posting thing try this
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/14109-posting-pictures/page__b__1#entry

Back