• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Greenhouse question

Hey THP family,
Summary ( looking for greenhouse advice )

I will be getting a greenhouse with in a month give or take a few days and want to know y’all thoughts and experiences you may have had with greenhouses.

So far my searches have mostly been Lowe’s and homedepot with limited search elsewhere. I have noticed that do it yourself kits are more bang for the buck. The one from HD I have been looking at possibly getting is 9’tall 10’wide and 20’long for a reasonable price for the amount of greenhouse.

If you have experience with having one built or building it yourself would love to know.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay cool didn’t ever think about that. I’ll look at that now.

Do you think it’s best to enclose the floor or just lay that thick plastic sheet with a weed block sheet and rocks?

I do not plan on planting straight in the ground

I already had the foundation from my old greenhouse. I went with gravel, but kind of wish I had kept it dirt. I would like to try some winter grows in hoop houses inside the greenhouse, but don't really have that option with a gravel floor.

If you go with a shed kit, you need some kind of foundation for the walls. It could be as simple as a pressure treated doubled-up 2 X 4. I went with treated 6 X 6.

I will add a couple of pics when I'm on my pc with the pictures.

Sleeper67 said:
Okay cool didn’t ever think about that. I’ll look at that now.

Do you think it’s best to enclose the floor or just lay that thick plastic sheet with a weed block sheet and rocks?

I do not plan on planting straight in the ground

Attachments

• 002R.JPG
    002R.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 83
Back