Greetings from Amish country!

My wife and I have been lurking for some time now and figured we might as well join in on the fun. We are a 20's married couple (soon to be a trio with our first daughter arriving in May) from Holmes County, Ohio. We've been growing various peppers for several years now. Last year was a bust for us, though. We moved out of state for a few months and had to part with all of our fruiting plants. Been a rough winter with little more than store bought bell peppers and store bought hot sauces. We are mainly into superhots (and all the sadistic pleasure they bring) and sweet banana/wax style peppers and we use them in just about everything that we cook. We have our own reptile breeding business (hence our ID) in which we specialize in various ball python morphs, carpet pythons species, various colubrids and even various invertebrates such as different tarantula and scorpion species. We also breed feeder insects and feeder and pet quality rats. For these simple reasons, we don't get a lot of visitors to our home. So... Yup...

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

:welcome: would love to see some pics of your snakes... always wanted to start breeding but haven't, I have a 8 1/2 foot redtail male, a albino king, a albino corn, apricot milk, rat, and a normal ball.... do you have any pied balls? love them but they are a pretty penny aha... well welcome to the forum its awesome here!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! :drunk:

Scarecrw said:
:welcome: from New Jersey. My local pet shop closed. How hard is it to breed crickets. Pm me

We actually do not breed crickets. Too much smell and noise. We stick to dubia, orange head, discoid and Madagascar hissing cockroaches. On the rare occasion we will start a D. hydei or D. melanogaster when we need really small feeders. The folks over at arachnoboards could probably help you a lot better with crickets and the dos and don'ts.

tylerdodd25_92 said:
:welcome: would love to see some pics of your snakes... always wanted to start breeding but haven't, I have a 8 1/2 foot redtail male, a albino king, a albino corn, apricot milk, rat, and a normal ball.... do you have any pied balls? love them but they are a pretty penny aha... well welcome to the forum its awesome here!
No pieds. We never played with many recessive genes with balls.The ball python market has crashed and pieds have come down a LOT here. You can pick up high white yearling males and females both for $400-500 range at the monthly reptile expos here in Ohio/Pennsylvania area. I remember when even the lowest quality babies were a couple grand. Our collection is definitely not what it used to be. At one time we had well over 300 snakes, but with the move cross country and back and with a kiddo on the way, we are down to just a couple dozen critters. It took up a lot of time. Now we only put out a few clutches a year.

Back