Greetings from Kansas City

Hello all,

I have read nearly every forum post here so I figured I would join the web site. I am new to the world of hot peppers. It looks like a good niche market for my area. I see a few people posting about trying to grow some hot peppers in this area but I don't think there is much of a demand...yet. There are Thai restaurants that I will be talking too when I have peppers in hand but until then I am a little out in the cold. It looks like everyone provides dried pods or powder but no fresh ripe pods. Is there a good reason for this? I would think that these little devils would have a little bit of a shelf life, at least as long as a fresh tomato.

Going to give it my best try with the Bhut Jolokia and Red Caribbean Habanero. The farmers markets look dead for hot peppers but there is a swap and shop that has a very high Hispanic attendance that I am going to give a try. I got my seeds from the New Mexico State University so I would not have to worry about getting incorrect seeds and looking like a fool trying to incorrectly represent a pepper.

Anyway, I hope to be a long time contributor here. I would like to place a link from my website/blog to this website, are there any rules for that or suggestions?

Thanks for the superb site,
Bradford

Howdy from Texas, by way of Ohio! :welcome:
There's lot of us total newbs on this site - you'll find the vets to be very patient with our dumb questions, and very helpful.

You sound like a perfect match for this site! Check out the Throwdown thread - we'd love to see an entry from you in October!

G

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May Your Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Back