Greetings from Portland, OR

Just started a profile and wanted to say hello. I'm officially a "newbie"

Hailing from the Rose City of Portland, OR., this season me and my better half will be growing our first "substantial" crop.

I've purchased a handful of seeds from Pepper Joe and Jim Duffy. Read some books and watched many youtube videos.

Gonna grow some Scorps, Bhuts, Habs and Ajis this year, in addition to some sweet peppers (choco bell, golden marconi)

In the coming years I'll probably have a ton of questions about hydroponics, but for now we are going to fabricate some earth boxes and traditional "in dirt." Grew some nice Aji Amarillo last year, and really hope to take it up a notch this year.

Our climate is challenging to be sure, is there anyone else from Portland on this forum???

Long term goal is to make some hot sauces, peddle our products to local restaurants and infuse some booze.

Going to take this slow and really master the craft. Love love love spicy food, the whole family has sampled some Dave's Ghost Sauce I picked up a few weeks ago. We are ready to push the limits of sanity!!!

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png

:welcome: to THP - Greetings from the Metrolina of North Carolina[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]!
"The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"

Welcome from Tualatin! There are quite a few folks near Portland here. I've only got a few seasons under my belt, but it can be a challenge for the superhots. We had a great September this year (warm) which really helped, but that's not always the case. Wet and cold often extends into June which makes for slow starts. I had my best yield this fall and still have some fataliis ripening in the garage. Pots and raised beds are a must.

+1 Hottoddy.

Welcome from the other side of the West Hills! We live in Beaverton
close to WalkerRoad. Had some great pepper production this year,
as HT said, a nice mild Fall. I still have some Aji Amarillo, Bishop's
Crowns and Costeno Amarillos ripening up. Have fun on the forum!

Hi HotMama,
:welcome: from north central Washington. Hope you can join us at the NW Chilefest campout this year. It's in August, all the info is in the link MegaSpokane posted. And you too Hottoddy.

Back