• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Grilled Sweet N Spicy Chicken (Pictures Included)

I'm grilling it up for the worlds greatest Dad tomorrow (He is the greatest to me and I'm sure your Dad is the greatest to you)

I will post all of the pictures first. After, I will post the recipe.

Chicken Leg and Thigh Quarters:

051.jpg

Mango, 4 Habaneros, Small can of Jalapenos with juice (Would have used fresh Jalapenos but I already had the can)

033.jpg

Vinegar and a few of the seasonings (I will post them all in the recipe)

037.jpg

A few more seasonings

039.jpg

And then.. Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (If you have time to make home made sauce.. even better)

046.jpg

I will post more pictures later when I begin prepping everything for tomorrow

Cubed mangoes

0032.jpg

Cook the mangoes in a simple syrup until slightly mushy while constantly turning to ensure the simple syrup does not burn

007.jpg

Finely chop the Habaneros and boil them in a 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar mix with your seasons and jalapenos and jalapeno juice in a covered pot for 30 minutes.

Add the mangoes in syrup and allow to cool to room temperature while covered

Pour over the chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight (Approx 12 hrs)

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]The finished product with and without BBQ Sauce[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
013.jpg
[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Breakfast of Champions.. Leftover Barbecue [/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
002.jpg
[/background]

Looks great!! I have a similar recipe, but I usually don't grill my mango i'll have to try that just to see what it taste like.

Back