• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grodan Cubes

I got these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XQECROY/ref=psdc_3752891_t1_B0742MQS33

I hear you should use pH adjusted water. I have distilled water that is already 6.1pH and i could easily adjust slightly with some CNS17 Grow for a weak solution. No idea how much CNS17 it would take to drop it to 5.6pH but probably not much. I might have some other household acids available but no pH DOWN atm.

6.1pH with some CNS17 sound good enough or is it more critical when using rockwool?

It is AMAZING the Difference in High PH vs Low PH Water. If i want my plants to HANG UP and NOT Do much of Anything? All i have to do is water them straight from the Tap with my HIGH PH Water, Which is about 8.0 PH. When its TAKE OFF time, i ad a 1/2 Teaspoon of Sulfuric Acid to 5 Gallons of Water which Drops the PH Down to Around 5.5-6.0, This makes my Plants COME ALIVE and THRIVE!! I wish i stil had the Pictures of my Mini Red Rocotos out in front of my House, and The Plant i gave my Dad. I gave Dad the ABSOLUTE Best Mini Red Rocoto Plant i had, He watered it all Summer with his HIGH 8.0 PH Water, and i Treated My Water to Bring the PH Down. My Rocotos Literally Covered up the Front of my House!! And produced like Crazy! My Dad’s Plant looked HORRIBLE, It had a Few Pods on it, But it was Teeny tiny compared to mine, You would NEVER have known they were Related, And his was the BEST Plant

If you have HIGH PH Water, LOWER it and Prepare to be AMAZED

I used these last year with tap water and didn't have any problems. I don't think you need worry.

I stocked up on this distilled water when i saw it. Just because the pH was so low for bottled water and it was cheap. I should have plenty to get through sprouting and then i got a coco based seedling mix. Still need a bag of the ProMix Ultimate. Seedlings did great in it also.

My tap water is over 8pH. I would be using the distilled with a little CNS17 Grow 3-1-2 added. IIRC 1 tbs added to a gallon of my tap water dropped pH half a point. The acid in the CNS17 is nitric acid.

I didn't lower the Ph in mine last grow, and I do believe it stunted my growth. This year, I've soaked them in PH 5.5-6 water, and the seedlings that just emerged, look fairly healthy.

Yeah, what im seeing recommended is soaking in water with about a 5.5pH-6pH. So adding pretty much even a tiny amount of CNS17 to a 6.1pH water should put it in the zone. The Grow formula is a very mild nutrient.

I’m going Rain Water Route this year for my Seed, seedlings. I should have enough to get me by

I have to show this. These were Mini Red Rocotos, From same Seed, ALL started together. I gave my Dad my VERY BEST Plant.

Here is what his Plant looked like at the VERY END of our Season, it was close to Frosting here. This Plant was Watered with his HIGH PH Well Water, the Poor thing barely Grew, Just hung on to Life is all. It did Produce, but very Few pods. The few pods got Ripe before mine did

Now here are my Plants, with adjusted Water to lower the PH, and i live in Town on CITY Water to Boot, I do filter through a Camco RV Filter in to a 110 Gallon Stock Tank, I water Early mornings and Re-fill the Stock Tank, So the Water has All Day and Night to Sit. I add a 1/2 Teaspoon of Sulfuric/Battery Acid to 5 Gallons of Water. My Plants GO NUTS Over it

Hard to believe these are Related to the Little Plant i gave my Dad huh?

These Plants were ROCKIN!! And LOADED with Fruit

Like Trees!! This was a Mira Flores Market Rocoto

I tried Vinegar but it Dont Hold, The PH goes RIGHT BACK in like 12 Hours, if that? Sulfuric/Battery Acid Holds MUCH better, Longer. And the Plants Benefit from the Sulfur, its a Win Win And its RIDICULOUSLY Easy to Do

My 110 Gallon Stock Tank

This is the Camco RV Water Filter i use, Easily attaches to the Faucet, 1 Filter gets me through the Whole Season. You can get them in a 2 Pack at Walmart

I fill a 5 Gallon Bucket 1/2 Full of Water from the Stock Tank, Use the Little Antifreeze Syringe and Pull up the Battery Acid, Fill a 1/2 Teaspoon Measure and Dump in the 5 Gallon Bucket, Finish Filling With Water, I have a Stir Stick and Stir it up as Well to Make Sure its Mixed good

It works, i can tell you that much My Zapotecs that were Treated

NOT Treated, Just Straight Tap Water

Dang, Idaholewis ,that is a pretty impressive Jalapeño haul [emoji106]. I never checked the pH of vinegar adjusted water after my first check. Never thought it would/could change after a few hours. That’s great info, something to look out for, thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phosphoric acid is also used for pH down but not for aquariums. You dont want to add phosphates to those unless you want an algae bloom. :D

Brew shops also sell bottles of food grade phosphoric acid. Restaurant supply shops have it also. You pay premium for anything with "hydro" on the label.

Back