• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow 11/12 - Raelacea

Nice starts. Leave them too long and the roots get all friendly with each other and then get ripped off when its time to move.

I've had a few of those lopsided seedlings with one big leaf and barely anything on the other side. Wacky plants. :crazy:

Cheers Megamoo!
Yeah, I noticed the more entrenched ones were a bit sad being parted from a few roots, but they all seem to have bounced back. :)
I have also noticed that runty douglah is growing rather slow, and I think I've had another one come up with the same thing. :-/

Update otw!

Brain Strain (5 of 10) :mouthonfire:
IMG_1192.jpg

Others
IMG_1188.jpg

Recent graduates of the tank
IMG_1189.jpg

To come out this week hopefully
IMG_1191.jpg

Some Tomatoes (Green zebra, red zebra, vivian, black russian, rubys german green, cherry butt, sungold)
IMG_1190.jpg

Brain Strain (5 of 10) :mouthonfire:
IMG_1192.jpg

Others
IMG_1188.jpg

Recent graduates of the tank
IMG_1189.jpg

To come out this week hopefully
IMG_1191.jpg

Some Tomatoes (Green zebra, red zebra, vivian, black russian, rubys german green, cherry butt, sungold)
IMG_1190.jpg

The potting mix is store-bought with chicken manure, organic compost, lime & peat added. The hardware store ran out of perlite (I'm the only one who buys it apparently).

Looking good RaRa, i'll be in perlite for a little while. Just recieved 100 litres off fleabay, not bad for 44 clams delivered ;)

Looking good RaRa, i'll be in perlite for a little while. Just recieved 100 litres off fleabay, not bad for 44 clams delivered ;)

Cheers brother!
That reminds me... I haven't payed for my order of perlite from GCP.
Do you know anywhere for cheap grow bags? or at least bulk... The cheapest I can find is $3.80 per 17l, even though I asked for 200.....
Thinking I might be making em.

HEY RARA I FOUND YOU SOME UBER CHEAP POLY GROW BAGS!

5 gallon x 10 = $4.19

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.simplyhydro.com%2FPoly-Grow-Bags_c_93.html&ei=SihoTpKUFZD3mAX5l-TADA&usg=AFQjCNF10tIN-HZCAm1Iu9jFOzrG_qoPzg

HEY RARA I FOUND YOU SOME UBER CHEAP POLY GROW BAGS!

5 gallon x 10 = $4.19

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.simplyhydro.com%2FPoly-Grow-Bags_c_93.html&ei=SihoTpKUFZD3mAX5l-TADA&usg=AFQjCNF10tIN-HZCAm1Iu9jFOzrG_qoPzg

Good find man! I'll be grabbing a few of them for sure!
You rock! :dance:

(sorry but i couldnt help myself)..... you know.. judging by the little "hordes of chaos" you have growing in your "territory" there i'd say you are well on your way to being ready to "set the world on fire" with thousands of little red, orange, green, chocolate and white "ten ton hammers" that would quite possibly "burn my eyes" or even better, "destroy, erase, improve" our tastebuds!!! (i love my metal AND my chilli!)

Yeah boy \m/

Small update...
I lost a bunch of seedlings (and seeds) when I went away for a week :censored:
But, I have about 100 plants above ground, and another 150+ seeds in so I'm driving back and forth from Melbourne like a lunatic every few days in fear of losing more :lol:
I also impulse bought about 20 japs and some cayennes when i was buying potting mix the other day... The more the merrier right!? :)

Anyway, this lot is hardening off
IMG_1253.jpg

Some yellow sevens to come out this week
IMG_1255.jpg

Impulse buys
IMG_1254.jpg

Playing catch-ups, I figure I can kill my noobness & absence with sheer quantity :rofl:

BJ Indian Carbon
Po Cheong
Peruvian White
Thai Dragon F1
Choc. Scorps
Brain Strain
White Bhut
Pimenta De Neyde
CAP 1144
Etna
Superchilli
& more I can't remember right now

IMG_1256.jpg

:shocked: :lol:

Omri they're still indoors, can't get a HBWR to pop yet though, do you file yours down some? It's been about 2-3 weeks I think.

You need to either soak them for 24 hours, then into a good moist medium and have much patience or it does work to just leave them in the water until they germinate, but then they are very gentle and hard to handle.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! show us the plants!

Back