• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

GROW BAGS??

Actually working on the website now along with all technical documents. Even finished up my logo on Illustrator which came out looking nice. As soon as i get these pieces in place I'll definitely be posting about it on here.

In the meantime, it should be a busy weekend as there is a lot to do in the garden. It appear I'll be able to put out all but the superhots this weekend (jalapenos, serranos, padrons and possibly some different habaneros).

**praying for no more random frosts or hail**

Well turns out I got myself a deal here. I ordered the plastic 5 gal grow bags at .59 cents each and ended up being sent the fabric grow bags instead. Certainly not complaining especially because at $5.90 for 10 fabric bags... seems to be a steal!

Fabric is much better. Lucky you! :cheers:
Thanks! First time ever using the fabric bags. In the past i have used the clay pots but they were too expensive for the amount of plants I have this year. I also found a great deal on nursery pots. A lot of people end up getting them for free but seems the garden centers around me in philly are pretty stingy with them.

I used grow bags for my tomatoes and some thai peppers. No big issues with them except for the fact that they dry the soil much faster than the conventional pots. As long as you water them daily (sometimes twice) you're good growing with it.

I used grow bags for my tomatoes and some thai peppers. No big issues with them except for the fact that they dry the soil much faster than the conventional pots. As long as you water them daily (sometimes twice) you're good growing with it.
Do they actually prevent the plants from becoming root bound as they claim to do?

Do they actually prevent the plants from becoming root bound as they claim to do?

I use fabric bags/tubes and drying out seems to have more to do with the type of mix in the bag what I've found. However, I'm guessing that the same mix in a 1-gal porous bag would dry out faster than if it were in a 1-gal plastic pot.

Size has to do with it too - my tubes hold about 5 cubic feet of mix (outdoors) and don't dry out that fast since there is a lot of moisture holding capacity. During the heat of the summer, I water lightly every day (~10 minutes of 'on' time in the morning with drip tape that only drops 0.33 GPM per 100')

I use fabric bags/tubes and drying out seems to have more to do with the type of mix in the bag what I've found. However, I'm guessing that the same mix in a 1-gal porous bag would dry out faster than if it were in a 1-gal plastic pot.

Size has to do with it too - my tubes hold about 5 cubic feet of mix (outdoors) and don't dry out that fast since there is a lot of moisture holding capacity. During the heat of the summer, I water lightly every day (~10 minutes of 'on' time in the morning with drip tape that only drops 0.33 GPM per 100')

I have 5 gallon bags and i'm using MG Moisture Control in them. I know, I know, everyone on this site HATES MG products but ever since i started growing peppers from seed I have used it and never had an issue. First time using the moisture control, figured in the bags it could be the better thing to do with what i have heard about them drying out. Last night i planted out 8 plants into bags, gonna see how they look and by this weekend i shoul be bringing the rest out. Majority of my plants will end up in plastic nursery pots. The bags are just an experiment for this season.

Back