• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

grow bags

Josh said:
I don't have any experience with them but I got (5) 10 gallon smart pots for Christmas. http://www.smartpots.com/
I will let you know how things turn out.

Those look cool. Definitely keep us posted on how those are.

I think i'll get one of the coco bags and a pack of the grow bags and test them out, they're only a few bucks.

UnNatural said:
Those look cool. Definitely keep us posted on how those are.

Will do. They are expensive but what I like about them is that they can be folded up for storage. We will see if the companies claims of them being better than plastic nursery pots pans out.

Smartpots look pretty nice Josh. Or at least they have a hell of a sales pitch. If I saw one in a store, I'd try one myself.

I have 50 grow bags I plan to use this year. They're sitting in the garage, maybe I'll fill one up today for you guys. They seem cool the only thing I'm worried about is that they're thin and I hope they don't bake in the day or let off too much heat at night and get cold feet. And they seem like they are possibly a little top heavy.

FiveSix said:
I have 50 grow bags I plan to use this year. They're sitting in the garage, maybe I'll fill one up today for you guys. They seem cool the only thing I'm worried about is that they're thin and I hope they don't bake in the day or let off too much heat at night and get cold feet. And they seem like they are possibly a little top heavy.

That would be awesome. Thank you. This would be a big $$ saver if it pans out. The stores that call themselves nurseries here don't have much of a selection...

They should work fine, It's not top heavy. If you can't get cheap nursery pots I'd say this is the way to go. @ 50 cents a bag how can you beat it? there's plenty of drainage holse in there too. If you buy 400 it's a little over 25 cents a bag (judging from ebay prices) They also have sunleaves that are white on the outside for 26$ free shipping 50 count 5g.

growbag001.jpg

growbag002.jpg

i pay about TTD $55 (approx USD $9) for a 5 gal plastic pot......

i'm thinking to switch over to these guys now, will definitely save a whole lotta money.........

i usually buy the very small grow bags for first transplant of seedlings.....but now i think i will reconsider going grow bags all the way

on another note.........these things with a little ingenuity can be used as a "topsy turvey" for tomatoes......get them up on a height......and put the vines from the sides.....shouldn't have problems with root ball (with the size of that bag)......got some slicing tomato seedlings on the way!!!

yeah it's easy, but you'd probably want to grab them from the bottom. The plastic seems strong, but i wouldnt want to risk stretching it

Back