• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow Confusion

This may get long but im a bit confused as what to do with my plants as far as fertilizer, trace elements, water etc.
i have gone through the search function here and have done some things that seem to be common to most growers but mostly am confused.
These are my best plants at the moment a Bhut Jolokia and a Trinidad Scorpion both planted at the same time both recieving the same fertilizer, water and trace elements.

Bhut
HotPepperBhut.jpg

Scorpion
HotPepperScorpion.jpg

Both plants are in 25 litre pots they were both given Epsom Salt on Nov 16 using this formula.

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Last time fertilized was Nov 26 with Seasol Powerfeed. (Nitrogen 12% Phosperous 1.4% Pottasium 7% Pottasium Hummate 3%).
Half strength in 9 liters of water.
Then on Dec 3 Trace elements using and following this formula for vegetables/flowers.
I am carefull not to over water and keep a close eye on the soil sometimes using a moisture probe, and water depending on the upcoming days weather.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

As of today both plants are looking good both have lots of flower buds and some flowers are open, but heres the thing, the Bhut is setting fruit but the Scorpion so far has dropped all it's opened flowers, About half a dozen so far and others have the tell tale signs of yellowing.
I know one cause of flower drop is high temperature and we did have 4 consecutive days of 35C + from Dec 2 - Dec 5

So im confused as to why one plant is setting fruit and the other is dropping flowers. Is there an answer or is it just the mystery of growing chillis?
Any advice will be welcomed and also if im using the right kind and the right quantities of trace elements, epsom salt, fertilizer.
Cheers everyone
Kevvy.

Quit feeding them for a bit. Keep watering with seasol, if you have access to worm juice i bet it would boost those plants 200% as they are already very healthy and the worm juice makes the plant able to use HEAPS more nutes that are already in the soil, it kind of unlocks them.
As far as the Scorpion goes my plant was dropping every flower up until recently when i transplanted it into the ground, i accidently broke off most of the root ball. It suffered for about a week BUT it has kept every flower since being transplanted. Like it went into gene survival mode. Stress that plant into podding!

Back