• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Grow Lights

TL;DR: If you're going cheap, old shop lights preferably with T8 bulbs in the 5000k to 6500k color range. Otherwise just hop on amazon or go to your favorite local garden store and get something LED and fancy.

Like someone else already stated; there are plenty of threads discussing this. 

@gorillamotors Just things that I've heard; no real knowledge from my own experience... the high output t5 bulbs are like a 1/6th to an 1/8th of the cost of the full spectrum bulbs, but are very close to the same light spectrum and the overall output in a side by side comparison is minimal. Like 10% better on the full spectrum grows, but way more expensive. I'm not experienced enough to really site he stats, but I'm willing to hear em if you feel those are way better and my cost function is wrong.

2 x 120W 4000k Quantum Clones running at 40W each currently (94W total draw due to PSU)

asdf.jpg

This should be posted in "Grow Tech" where: Discuss lights, heaters, irrigation systems, greenhouses, and DIY solutions. Show off your inventions!

I'm using Sansi 36W full spectrum grow lights, which I'm very satisfied with. http://www.sansi.com/products/ledceramicgrow/333.htm

Sansi doesn't have a representative in Europe so I bought directly from Sansiled in China. This works very well, the lamps arrived in just a couple of days. Payment in USD using Paypal. They're only $18 usd directly from the factory, but shipping (via FedEx) adjusts for that, so if you want to buy directly from them, buy enough in one time! Didn't have to pay import taxes either by the way...

Back