• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow List 2011

Well decided to post this and will add updates here and there. No pictures right now, but I'll try and get a camera in the next few weeks to take some pictures for you all.

Strains:
-Naga Morich
-Bih Jolokia
-Bhut Jolokia carbon
-Chocolate Bhut
-Trinidad Morouga Scorpion
-Trinidad Butch Scorpion
-Trinidad Yellow 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Red 7 Pot/Pod
-Trinidad Barrackpore 7 Pot/Pod
-Douglah Alphanerdz 7 Pot/Pod
-Red Savina Habanero
-Malaysian Goronong
-Jamaican Chocolate Habanero
-Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet
-Jamaican Red Mushroom
-Jamaican Yellow Mushroom
-Roatan Pumpkin Habanero
-White bullet Habanero
-Aji Chombo
-Thai Chili Pepper
-Bonda ma Jacques
-Trinidad Hot Cherry
-Cheiro do norte
-Cheiro Goias
-Chiltepin
-Yolo Wonder Bell Pepper
-Jalapeno
-Serrano
-Hungarian Wax Pepper

Thats the list for now, they were planted at various times over the last month and I just finished planting the rest of the seeds today. Really looking forward to this! I am also growing lots of vegetables, and have a 12 x 20 foot hoop house going with lots of cool weather crops. Hopefully I can get a camera and turn this into a more entertaining grow log. Anyways, time to go and transplant some more of the 'kids'...

I can't help it, I feel like a little kid. I am germinating my seeds in a plastic cup, something I learn from this forum. I started last Thursday and they're popping like zits. What's nice about it, I don't have to wonder what's going on with them in the soil. I have to start planting some of them tonight.

Naga Morich (12)
Naga Morich "King" (12)
Naga Morich "Bombay" (12)
Naga Morich "Jukka" (12)
Dorset Naga (12)
Bhut Jolokia (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Indian Carbon" (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Yellow" (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Chocolate" (12)
Naga Jolokia "Black" (12)
Naga "Black" Nagaland (12)
Naga Jolokia "Purple" (12)
Bih Jolokia (12)
-----------------------------------
Bhut Jolokia x TS (8)
Nagabon (7)
TS (12)
TS Morouga "Satan's Red" (12)
TS Morouga "D Red" (12)
TS Morouga Red (12)
TS Morouga Yellow (10)
TS Butch (12)
TS Yellow (12)
TS Yellow SR (12)
TS Yellow Cardi (12)
TS Chocolate (9)
7 Pot Infinity (12) on the way
7 Pot Primo (12)
7 Pot Brain Strain (10)
7 Pot Barrackpore (12)
7 Pot T Cardi SR Red (12)
7 Pot T Red (12)
7 Pot Jonah (12)
7 Pot Yellow (10)
7 Pot T Yellow Large (12)
7 Pot Douglah (12)
7 Pot Brown (12)
Gronong (6)
Congo Black (6)
Black Stinger (12)
Congo Red (6)
Congo Yellow (6)
Jamaican Chocolate (6)
Devil's Tongue Red (6)
Devil's Tongue Yellow (6)
Monkey Face Yellow (6)
West Indies Red (6)
Red Savina (6)
Fatalii Red (6)
Fatalii Yellow (6)
African Devil (6)
Giant White Habanero (6)
Orange Habanero (6)
Caribbean Red (12)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow (6)
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (6)
Safi Red Bonnet (6)
Pimenta da Neyde (6)
Pinquita-De-Mono (6)
Thai #1 (6)

Jake, you have a nice collection, how long have you been doing this? Make sure to share with us some pics. They're a lot of members here with growing list that make mine look small.

I am new to growing the superhots, which is why I found this site in the first place (so glad I did!). This site caused my list to grow a bit more than I had planned and I want to expand it more but think I will wait till next year as I have too many other vegetables and herbs I want to grow too. I'm pretty sure I will have my work cut out for me this year. I figure that I have quite a bit of time on my hands this year and will learn a lot. I am truly amazed at how many strains some of you guys/girls have growing! I will definitely try and get a camera as soon as I can.

Jake, one good season of the superhots under your belt and the other garden goodies begin to drop off. When I step into my garden all I see is the superhots, I don't care to put my time into the other garden varieties. My wife takes care of them. You will find that every day there will be something to do. One day the world is a beautiful place, the next is complete terror because your superhots looks like they're dying and panic begins to set in. You battle back by watering, juicing, pruning and researching the internet to learn what you need to do to turn things around. Everybody has been through this. Experience helps to recognize these conditions and knowing what to do.

Pepper fever is very contagious.

Good luck with your growing season, Jack

Very nice list! Lots of "hotties" around there!!

Will these varieties be going in the hoophouse of in the sunny sunshiney sunshine?? How many of each variety?? Containers or in the ground??

And hey :welcome: from North Texas!!!

I'm thinking they will end up in the hoop house because I live at 4200 feet and it gets chilly at night. I'm new to this area and am used to living in more mild climates than here. I got all excited about the peppers before I even looked at how cold the nights stay here in summer. The average minimum temperatures for May through September were: 38, 42, 48, 45, 38. So I'm thinking the hoop house will really help me out. I will probably do some in the ground but most will be in 5 gallon and up pots. That way if it gets really cold at some point, I can move them into my basement at night, where it never gets below 55 even when it is snowing like crazy.

I will be able to vent the hoop house well this summer, so it doesn't get too hot in the sun. I'm also gonna get shade cloth in case it gets too sunny and hot for them. Is that a good idea?

I am not sure how many of each variety I will end up with yet. I have about 50 transplanted in silo cups right now and that is of only half the strains, so I'm thinking I will give some of them away to friends at some point... but they get the ones I don't think look best... HA! I don't really think I need to have 100 hot pepper plants

I'm sure I will have lots more questions as things progress this year! Lots to learn and I will definitely be looking into a camera so I can post pictures soon.

Good grow list. My wife and I have a 1 acre garden. Typically we grow everything you can possibly imagine including a large variety of peppers. Each year the pepper crop is getting bigger and the other crops are getting smaller. Peppers, onions, and tomatoes are fine for me :)
Here is my list for 2011:

2010 Cajan Jolokia
2010 Chili
2010 Jalapeno
2010 Marble Pepper
2010 Orange Hab
2011 Pepper Joe Chocolate Hab
2011 Pepper Joe Giant Jolokia
2011 Pepper Joe Golden Hab
2011 Pepper Joe Hot Banana
2011 Pepper Joe Bhut Jolokia
2011 Pepper Joe Long Red Slim
2011 Pepper Joe Peter Pepper
2011 Pepper Joe Pumpkin Hab
2011 Pepper Joe Scotch Bonnet
2011 Pepper Joe Spicy Mustard Hab
2010 Tabasco
2010 Bell Pepper
2011 Regal Peppers White Hab
2011 Pepper Lover Trinidad Scorpion Red
2011 Reimer Chinese 5 Color
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
2011 Pepper Lover Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
2011 Pepper Lover Trinidad Scorpion Mouraga
2011 Pepper Lover Assam Bhut Jolokia
2011 Unknown freebies
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Manzano Orange
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Aji Lemon Drop
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Explosive Ember
2011 Seed Savers Exchange Fatali
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Hot Apple a.k.a Almapaprika
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Mayan Cobanero Love Pepper
2011 Seed Savers Exchange Miniature Chocolate
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Paper Lantern Habanero
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Red Squash
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Rooster Spur
2011 Seed Savers Exchange Sweet Chocolate
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Tepin
2011 Trade Winds Fruit Thai, Orange

Here is one of my flats..getting ready to transplant some this weekend.

100_2262.jpg

I can't help it, I feel like a little kid. I am germinating my seeds in a plastic cup, something I learn from this forum. I started last Thursday and they're popping like zits. What's nice about it, I don't have to wonder what's going on with them in the soil. I have to start planting some of them tonight.

Naga Morich (12)
Naga Morich "King" (12)
Naga Morich "Bombay" (12)
Naga Morich "Jukka" (12)
Dorset Naga (12)
Bhut Jolokia (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Indian Carbon" (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Yellow" (12)
Bhut Jolokia "Chocolate" (12)
Naga Jolokia "Black" (12)
Naga "Black" Nagaland (12)
Naga Jolokia "Purple" (12)
Bih Jolokia (12)
Bhut Jolokia x TS (8)
Nagabon (7)
TS (12)
TS Morouga "Satan's Red" (12)
TS Morouga "D Red" (12)
TS Morouga Red (12)
TS Morouga Yellow (10)
TS Butch (12)
TS Yellow (12)
TS Yellow SR (12)
TS Yellow Cardi (12)
TS Chocolate (9)
7 Pot Infinity (12) on the way
7 Pot Primo (12)
7 Pot Brain Strain (10)
7 Pot Barrackpore (12)
7 Pot T Cardi SR Red (12)
7 Pot T Red (12)
7 Pot Jonah (12)
7 Pot Yellow (10)
7 Pot T Yellow Large (12)
7 Pot Douglah (12)
7 Pot Brown (12)
Gronong (6)
Congo Black (6)
Black Stinger (12)
Congo Red (6)
Congo Yellow (6)
Jamaican Chocolate (6)
Devil's Tongue Red (6)
Devil's Tongue Yellow (6)
Monkey Face Yellow (6)
West Indies Red (6)
Red Savina (6)
Fatalii Red (6)
Fatalii Yellow (6)
African Devil (6)
Giant White Habanero (6)
Orange Habanero (6)
Caribbean Red (12)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow (6)
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (6)
Safi Red Bonnet (6)
Pimenta da Neyde (6)
Pinquita-De-Mono (6)
Thai #1 (6)

Jake, you have a nice collection, how long have you been doing this? Make sure to share with us some pics. They're a lot of members here with growing list that make mine look small.

I see there are a few I am going to have to add to my wish list for next season :)

Great grow list NTH. Good luck with your season! Perhaps Superhot and Mmcdermott1 can start their own grow thread instead of hijacking this one.

Mike

Great grow list NTH. Good luck with your season! Perhaps Superhot and Mmcdermott1 can start their own grow thread instead of hijacking this one.

Mike

Wasnt hijacking..was trying to help keep forums clean..this thread started "grow list" so thought I would put here. Would you prefer every member makes a new post with their list so that you can look through 10,000 of those before you get to other topics? I also figured if he had a list..and others had a list in the same thread then perhaps all of those people could easier see who has what and possible trades take place.

Mmc, I now realize my mistake in using the term hijacking. It is used frequently here usually with an apology whenever in someone elses grow thread. I see that Nailing To Heaven did not get his user name into the thread title so it could easilly be mistaken as a universal post thread for anyone not familiar to the forum. Typically each grower has their own grow log for everyone to follow and post comments. Hopefully lots of cool pics as that is highly regarded around here. I'm sure with your list and your acre, (envy of many here, myself included) we will be watching.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your season.

Mike

Mmc, I now realize my mistake in using the term hijacking. It is used frequently here usually with an apology whenever in someone elses grow thread. I see that Nailing To Heaven did not get his user name into the thread title so it could easilly be mistaken as a universal post thread for anyone not familiar to the forum. Typically each grower has their own grow log for everyone to follow and post comments. Hopefully lots of cool pics as that is highly regarded around here. I'm sure with your list and your acre, (envy of many here, myself included) we will be watching.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your season.

Mike

No problem. All is good.

I'm thinking they will end up in the hoop house because I live at 4200 feet and it gets chilly at night. I'm new to this area and am used to living in more mild climates than here. I got all excited about the peppers before I even looked at how cold the nights stay here in summer. The average minimum temperatures for May through September were: 38, 42, 48, 45, 38. So I'm thinking the hoop house will really help me out. I will probably do some in the ground but most will be in 5 gallon and up pots. That way if it gets really cold at some point, I can move them into my basement at night, where it never gets below 55 even when it is snowing like crazy.

I will be able to vent the hoop house well this summer, so it doesn't get too hot in the sun. I'm also gonna get shade cloth in case it gets too sunny and hot for them. Is that a good idea?

I am not sure how many of each variety I will end up with yet. I have about 50 transplanted in silo cups right now and that is of only half the strains, so I'm thinking I will give some of them away to friends at some point... but they get the ones I don't think look best... HA! I don't really think I need to have 100 hot pepper plants

I'm sure I will have lots more questions as things progress this year! Lots to learn and I will definitely be looking into a camera so I can post pictures soon.

If you have the capacity to handle 100 superhots may want to consider doing so. I grew about 350 last year, filled my 15sqft freezer up about one-third to halfway. All excess was turned into powder. I cannot live without my superhots. What happens if you have a bad season? That’s my take on it.

Mike

I thought that I was extending a bit of encouragement and enthusiasm for the new chili grower. 2010 was my first year growing the superhots so I remember all the excitement that comes with being new. If "nailingtoheaven" feels that I have intruded on to this post I am truly sorry. I am definitely guilty of getting over excided, and hope that I never to lose it. If there is anything I can do to help you "nailingtoheaven" just let me know?

I like to think of "The Hot Pepper" as a community that reaches out to its fellow members.

Back