• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grow Log/ More Problems

Well, after finaly realizing that my lights were too close to my plants, I decided to lift them.

Sadly... most plants were goners and I had to replant everything

On a positive note, things are going great except for the fact that I ran into some minor porblems which I can hopefuly prevent with early action.

I'm having some problems with my fatalii and Lemon drop peppers

My Fatalii's cotyledons are yellowing from the tips and withering away
PepperProblems2-22-09145.jpg

Also, I know it's hard to tell from the pic, but the lower leaves have turned a little paler the last two days
PepperProblems2-22-09141.jpg

Then, I also have an Aji Santa Cruz which is giving me some problems. Specifically, as the leaves grow they turn paler so that the plant ends up dark green at the top leaves and yellow at the bottom leaves
PepperProblems2-22-09149.jpg

Then, one of my lemon drops has experienced the same thing as my fatalii and also looks a little less healthy than the one with healthy cotyledons.
PepperProblems2-22-09153.jpg

Grow Log on next page

Basically, the fatalii and lemon drops on the previous post are part of my grow log, but I'l also show my egg-container peppers

Note: they are about two and a half weeks old. They will be repotted today or tomorrow
PepperProblems2-22-09135.jpg

Here's the list.

Left to right row-by-row (like a book)
Orange Hab x2 (One wil die)
Chocolate Hab
Aji Dulce (No Heat Hab)
Empty
Mystery Seed ??? OOHHHHH SPOOKY!

Bottom Row:
Orange Hab x2 (One will die)
Limon Grande
Aji Santa Cruz
?Mystery Seed? Scooby Dooby-Doo!]

More Pix Saturday Or Sunday!!!

What do you mean by "lights too close"? that sounds odd... you mean they produce too much heat? cause there's never too much light.

Omri said:
What do you mean by "lights too close"? that sounds odd... you mean they produce too much heat? cause there's never too much light.

Yeah, too much heat is what I meant. I use High Output T5 bulbs which get hot. They used to be three inches from leaf tops and my plants had this ridiculous leaf curl where their leaves ended up looking like cylinders

Don't you use a fan? it helps preventing evil pathogens, hardens your plants AND keeps everything cool.

Would the top leafs staying green and the bottom leaves losing their color indicate that the plants aren't getting enough food?

I've noticed that my leaves curl up when the light was too close. I'm only using 4' floro's so there isn't too much heat, but the leaves opened back up about a day after I raised the lights.

patrick said:
Would the top leafs staying green and the bottom leaves losing their color indicate that the plants aren't getting enough food?

It could also be the opposite, too much water. I've had a few plants where the leaves turned half yellow, but came back to life after I stopped watering them so often.

Omri said:
Don't you use a fan? it helps preventing evil pathogens, hardens your plants AND keeps everything cool.

What size fan do you reccomend? I'm convinced:lol:

patrick said:

I fertilize with half strength 8-7-6 every other day

Blister said:
I've noticed that my leaves curl up when the light was too close. I'm only using 4' floro's so there isn't too much heat, but the leaves opened back up about a day after I raised the lights.

It could also be the opposite, too much water. I've had a few plants where the leaves turned half yellow, but came back to life after I stopped watering them so often.
I'll let them dry out to the point of wilting

Then, Ill flush out the soil in case its too much fert

Then, i'll fert if flushout doesnt work

Nore: already tried epsom spray

I use a 12' Oscillating fan and run it 30 minutes twice a day...

Back