• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Grow Log - Nothing Complex

Hi,

As a continuation from - http://thehotpepper....881#entry620881

Ive got 500 + chilli seeds in regular seed starting mix outside in 2 mini greenhouses. No lights / no heat pads / I didnt soak the seeds / nothing complex just abit of soil and some water and the sun.

Germination times yes are abit slow 19-20 days but yeah getting some good results now a fair few are popping through.

How I got my seeds - I got a trinidad scorpion butch t chilli - cut it open and pulled the seeds out and planted the seeds directly into the soil no drying out or anything just straight into the soil. The majority of what has some thru is the butchies.

crGV8.jpg

Butch Ts

0Qu8b.jpg

Butch Ts

9gfSl.jpg

Butch Ts

0aOS8.jpg

Golden Habs

GYCOj.jpg

Korean Chilli - Gwarii

Here are the varieties im hopefully growing : -
  • Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
  • Yellow 7 Pod
  • Golden Magnum Habenero
  • Korean Chilli - Gwarii
  • Red Bhut Jokolia
  • Yellow Bhut Jolokia
  • Trinidad Scorpion Morouga
  • Broome
  • Naga morich
  • Sudanese hot
  • Yatsafusa
  • Fatalli
VabpL.jpg

gTaAk.jpg

Good start, Vol. You are going to have a lot of plants if those all pop for you! Good luck!

Ok ive just noticed something all my seedlings have started to bend towards the sun aka north so ive just went out and turned all the trays around to make them bend and go straight again

Ok gone high tech and got a electric propagator from bunnings. Got morougas in it. On the trays under it is habs

V0k71.jpg

OK so from your posts ive worked out Australia? where about`s? your profile is a bit erm bare shall we say.

Mezo.

Korean Chilli is Gwarii

NSW central coast. Going put up 2 heated polytunnels so this first batch can survive the winter easily

Ok ive just noticed something all my seedlings have started to bend towards the sun aka north so ive just went out and turned all the trays around to make them bend and go straight again
Okay, so you are south of the equator. Are you heading into Fall/Winter?

2500 plants. Okay that is very ambitious! Good luck with your polytunnels!

Not going to do 2500 plants this year lol maybe 500-1000 range is the plan say 3-4 yrs down the track
Dude! That's still one heck of a grow. I'm barely managing 35 or 40 plants!

55 seeds have now sprouted

6 gwarii
8 yellow bhut jolokia
5 habanero
36 trinidad scorpion butch t - one of them now has 3 leaves

You are on the way now! Good luck with your grow!

90 seedlings so far sprouted - No yellow 7 or morouga which is disappointing

But yeah I have a question 2 of my seedlings are blue.. Why ? Too cold ? Not enough sunlight ?

LBalC.jpg

^ The chosen one - nicknamed "Neo" going well.

Also upto

47 Habaneros
43 Butch TS
12 Yellow Bhut Jolokia
0 Yellow 7
0 Morouga
0 Red Bhut

Saddened about the lack of Yellow 7 / Morouga / Red Bhut

These are the main 6 chillis im hoping to grow a fair few of. The others are for fun / seeds.

Also the ones which im growing for seeds : - 2 Broome / 7 Gwarii / 2 Sudanese Hot / 2 Yatsafusa / 0 Fatalii / 0 Naga Morich

These first 3 are all butch Ts

oeVdh.jpg

9dzfE.jpg

1QbI1.jpg

These are habs. Something (my guess a slug) ate some of the leaves on the habs. But they growing back

81wls.jpg

These are gwariis

xkloD.jpg

These are a mixture. Naga Morich / Broome / Yellow 7 / Fatalii / Sudanese / Yatafsua

q14dj.jpg

zdug8.jpg

These are some yellow bhut jolokias

79Dvz.jpg

These are 4 plants I bought from sawtell chilli festival.

Nagabon / Douglah / Chocolate Habanero / 7 Pot Jonah

pt9pe.jpg

This is a photo of a pod on my mature Trinidad Scorpion Butch Ts

wNGvm.jpg

Back