• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow room getting full

Looking good brother! What type of light are you using above the canopy?
A 15x15 would be sweet. I wish I had that for my indoors. Most of my room is outside, so I grow in a 4x4 all in solo cups until plant out in feb or March. Here's a pic of mine just now.

I can get another 20 cups then I'm tapped out.

Right now im running 6 T8 shoplights (2 6500k bulbs each) for about 33.6k Lumens over a 6x3 area or so. I might definitely go HID next season though, or even a T5 setup. I can get peter peppers to grow full and true with fruit, same with Habeneros, but the hotter peppers have a hard time growing to fruit in this setup. But that being said they do grow quite well and I have a fan set up to strengthen the stalks. I think next year though i wont be overwintering more than 1 or 2 plants. Ill start the seedlings in february though.

Nice little corner btw! I get my basement all to myself because the wife doesnt like it down there. lol. Plus the basement covers the whole bottom of my house so its about 1300sq ft total, so i could get REALLY crazy if i wanted to,

The plants look healthy.  I wish we had basements here in Virginia.  I will be starting a few ghost peppers  in the next couple days..  The rest of my chinense's in January.

Yeah they are for the most part. I had a little aphid infestation but luckily i was able to catch it when there was only a couple aphids on each plant.

Theres also my wifes blueberry plant she demanded i keep alive, that thing is probably happier and healthier than my pepper plants. lol

Back