• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow room implosion ??

Hi all. wondering if i can get some educated troubleshooting....

I have a 6x6 room that i have completely wrapped and taped in plastic to save the drywall and to make cleanup easier. This has worked great with a 5" cheapo duct booster fan as my exhaust and a passive intake from my garage... my temps have been an issue this summer reaching 36*C (95ish *F), so i decided to buy a real inline fan and spent a pretty penny on a 6" Max-Fan. HERE LIES MY ISSUE.

on the lowest setting of the fan, my plastic wrapped room now wants to implode, the plastic all blows up and rips staples pulls tape etc... I can feel a lot of air exchange coming from the open intake to the garage, but it still wants to rip my drywall off the walls lol. any suggestions.

my intake from the garage is a standard HVAC duct with rectangular grates on either end. roughly 6"x3" without any bends. would this handle 200 CFM? thats only the lowest speed. max is 340 CFM. I should also add that my 6" fan steps down to a 4" exhaust duct, which means to me that it would be creating less of a suction cup than with a 6" exhaust duct.

any help?? My next resort is to chop a hole in my garage wall to outside... although having the garage door cracked open didnt seem to help. sorry for the long read.. but very important as to not kill any of my melting plants. TIA, CHEERS.

EDIT: I also want to add; my first idea is to increase the passive intake size. do you think another rectangular 6"x3' HVAC vent would work? or am i better off to cut a hole in my garage to get some outside air flowing?

Either add more intake openings or just add a booster fan to your intake blowing in to equalize the pressure. Since your using plastic for your walls you could also try using dowel rods to reinforce the walls so it doesnt try to the walls inward.

Back