• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

So I'm going to take all the candidates I've heard so far and begin a voting thread for Growdown 2020. Hopefully people will vote for the ones we know we have fairly immediate access to isolated seed for. 

Is everyone done for the 2019 Growdown or do we still have harvests incoming? 

Who WINS THIS THING?!

Pepper-Guru said:
So I'm going to take all the candidates I've heard so far and begin a voting thread for Growdown 2020. Hopefully people will vote for the ones we know we have fairly immediate access to isolated seed for. 

Who WINS THIS THING?!

One last harvest if y'all don't mind, but I promise it won't mess up the leaderboards  :mope:  

Actually, the picture was taken one month ago, but I just couldn't seem to get around posting...

Went on vacation in November and came back to ripe pods  :dance:
Was sure my brother would kill them take care of them. It's not much and I had to cut the plant back for overwintering right after, so that's all I got. But it was a very fun variety and the taste is definitely great, so looking forward to more pods next year.

I had a lot of fun and would definitely like to get involved for the 2020 growdown, but I brought some pepper seeds back from the vacation and I really have the house and growing space full already. Maybe 2021?  :whistle:

Aaaaanyways, thanks for letting a newbie like me participate, you guys rock! 

Attachments

• IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 101
Pepper-Guru said:

I'm done...

Is there a link to our options for 2020?

*runs in and throws down some random weigh-ins* 

This year sucked, and not for pepper growing (not that my poor peppers haven't faced some serious neglect. There was a bit of time I simply couldn't get to them.)

I'm faced some crap this year, and we are in the process of moving, so I'm sorry for being absent most of this year.  :mope:

My plant is still alive, after a near kill off, and I believe it's even producing  :surprised: I may down-pot to make it a manageable size to bring with me in my move.

These pics are pretty old, and right as things started going south this year. 
pAQcZYjh.jpg

IMMzQKxh.jpg

Soooo I think thats 7g + 72g +21g for a total of...

100g. So much for middle of the pack dreams  ;)   :lol:  :lol:

Much more ended up rotting, unfortunately. 

So far, at least, we're on track for a great 2020.  :drunk:  :drunk:  
Hopefully my grow, that will have to start late, will be too.

Happy New Year!!!!

I forgot to mention that I have some dried 
Mr. Sausage off pheno SLR pods from the
2019 growdown. Pods are about one-half
to three fourths inch long, spicy cylinders,
growing erect.

if anyone is interested in a few seeds hit me up via PM.
CD99C6BD-3DE5-40D1-AF33-67640F378379.jpeg

Total for me was 1,130g which equalled a pretty stuffed freezer drawer. :) I'll be watching the 2020 one from the sidelines as I already have too many to chose from, but wishing you guys and gals all the best! :dance:

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back