• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2021 XL Antep Aci Cross

Four plants going, all doing the splits.So far, I have no clear contender to the title.

Attachments

• 20210425_104336.jpg
    20210425_104336.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210425_104448.jpg
    20210425_104448.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 61
Pepper-Guru said:
I only handed out isolated seed this time, so there shouldn’t be any unintended hybrids at all, but I think I received the original seeds from Fowler at somewhere around F3-4 so, I expect a slight bit of variation. Should end up looking like a long bell pepper with three to four prominent lobes especially at the end. Sweet, thick, juicy fruity, with a very very slight heat. Almost imperceptible.

Do you have any idea what color these should ripen to? Maybe red like the Aci Dolma in it? 
Also, I sampled one of the green pods and it had very perceptible heat in the ribs and placenta. Hotter than many jalapenos. 

skullbiker said:
Do you have any idea what color these should ripen to? Maybe red like the Aci Dolma in it? 
Also, I sampled one of the green pods and it had very perceptible heat in the ribs and placenta. Hotter than many jalapenos.
Super red.

Yall all in trouble now....

Outdoor Germination this year. On tables under the shade cloth.

51163270886_c0e074dd6c_b.jpg

I also have something special planned for this plant. Something you wouldnt expect me to do ;)

Pepper-Guru said:
Super red.

I also have something special planned for this plant. Something you wouldnt expect me to do ;)

If they are like Antep Aci Dolma, they take forever to turn ripe.
Are we weighing the pods ripe or at any stage?

I'll bet you're doing hydro running a combination battery acid/av gas mix! 

skullbiker said:
If they are like Antep Aci Dolma, they take forever to turn ripe.
Are we weighing the pods ripe or at any stage?

I'll bet you're doing hydro running a combination battery acid/av gas mix!
They are essentially a huge red bell/dulcecito with the chinense pollen donor being the antep aci.

Let’s just say I’m going to have a lot of fun with this growdown. You’ll see but I won’t give it away until the end. Haha

Yes. Any weight green or red. I let mine ripen, some members pick and weigh green.

Back